PDA

View Full Version : Nursing bras/tanks - did your size change over the course of time while BFing?

citymama
12-01-2010, 01:27 AM
OK, so I am completely thrown by this. With both pregnancies, I gained about the same weight, started at the same weight and ended around the same. Both times, I lost weight at about the same pace (a little more slowly the second time). My bust seems about the same size - but my old nursing tanks don't fit the same! I swore by my Glamourmom nursing tanks I wore every day for 18 months with DD1 - they were in size small. This time around, when I tried them on a couple of months post partum, I couldn't even get them over my shoulders, let alone my bust! So I bought a couple of size Medium and they fit OK. Did this happen to anyone else? And did your size change later on, when you were nursing a toddler rather than infant?

The reason I ask now is that I ran into a friend who is 7 months pregnant, and is about my size. We were talking about maternity/nursing wear, and I told her I have these GM tanks that are just gathering dust and she could have them if she wants. I have 4 of them in different colors, all in perfect shape. I was just getting them in a bag for her since she's stopping by tomorrow, and I decided to try one on. I could get it over my shoulders and over my bust - although it fit more tightly, which is not desirable for a nursing tank. Now I'm torn. Should I just give them to her tomorrow? Or is there any point hanging on to them in case I am indeed getting smaller and able to fit in these in a few months? (probably meaning that the size Ms will be too big by then) The tanks cost $35 new and these are in much nicer colors than the size Ms I bought, so I am tempted! But I feel like it would be rude to change my mind! Anyway, let me know what your experience was like! Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles
12-01-2010, 08:45 AM
My trajectory...no size changes during pregnancy, up 1 cupsize the first 2ish months of nursing, then back down to pre-nursing size and stayed there. I think my story isn't typical though. :) But, I did get smaller with both kids and they nursed through till 18m.

Beth

viba424
12-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I would just give them to her. If they are small I doubt you would ever want to wear them again. My biggest pain was the band. Everything was too tight on my ribcage and it never went away. Yuck I hated that! Expecially the Bravados, etc, that dont have clasps. It was like wearing a straight jacket. I dont ever want to wear those again.

daisymommy
12-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh yeah, I totally changed sizes over time! I think part of it is losing weight, and also your breasts get more floppy the longer you nurse :)

I think I went through 3 different sizes between having the baby and 18 months time. Then when I weaned I dropped to another size.

I have a crazy mix of nursing bras, all thrown together in a box!

citymama
12-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Daisymommy, I remember the post-weaning deflation well!

I decided to hang on to 2 tanks and gave her 2. I spent over $120 on these and would hate to have to shell out more cash again if my bra size changes over the course of nursing - I nursed DD1 18 months, so I might have a year or more of size changes ahead of me!