PDA

View Full Version : **I've got LEGO Series 3 mini-figures!!!!!!**

Corie
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I found the Lego Series 3 mini-figures at our grocery store, of all places!!!

I *think* that I've got 14 out of 16 mini-figures (if I figured the bumps
out correctly!)

The bumps are way harder than the barcodes. I even had 4 bags with
NO bumps whatsoever.

Yahooo!!

alien_host
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
You are so funny Corie! Congrats!

How much did you have to pay? I really don't want to pay more than what the Lego store sells them for at $1.99....I'm trying to wait to see if the Lego Store gets them soon!

Corie
12-01-2010, 01:31 PM
How much did you have to pay? I really don't want to pay more than what the Lego store sells them for at $1.99....I'm trying to wait to see if the Lego Store gets them soon!

I paid $1.99. The same as the Lego store price!

alien_host
12-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I paid $1.99. The same as the Lego store price!

Awesome! I wouldn't have thought to look at the grocery store. Which one did you get them at? (hoping it's part of the Giant chain and Stop and Shop might have them)

Corie
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
It is called Meijer.

They are located in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois.

http://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp

jess_g
12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Corrie, You are so lucky!

If anyone sees them in the boston area please post or pm me. My son realy likes the 3 I got him from the second series.

Also is there a theme with this series? I have looked at the pics of the figures but could not find a theme this time.

Thanks, Jessica.

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I saw some at Borders last week, but they were $3.99, so I passed. I went back the next day and they were gone.

alien_host
12-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks Corie for the info. Yup no Mejier here, bummer!

I saw some at Borders last week, but they were $3.99, so I passed. I went back the next day and they were gone.

I've only seen Series 2 (blue bag) at Borders recently....tons of them at $3.99. So wrong to charge DOUBLE!

If I see Series 3 (green bag), at Borders, I'd only buy them w/ a coupon but that will take me forever!

ett
12-01-2010, 04:03 PM
If anyone sees them in the boston area please post or pm me.

Yes, please post if someone sees them in the Boston area.

I was at the TRU in Shopper's World today and didn't see any.

Twoboos
12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Last time I got series 2 at the Target in Marlboro. For a 50% markup. (Nearly passed out when it sank in I had spend $53.xx on Lego figures!!!)

alien_host
12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
We are definitely going to need a Boston area swap if we can't make out the bumps!

KrisM
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I got some at TRU today (Michigan) and they're $2.99 and b1g1 50% off, so it works to $2.25 each.

The bumps are hard to do. I few people were feeling for specific parts of the character, too. I had a better time looking for dots rather than feeling for bumps. Holding the bag on an angle worked fairly well. I haven't opened any yet.

Corie
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
The 2 Meijer stores that I went to had the Lego series 2 AND 3.

My neighbor wants me to keep a look out for the Series 1 but I think
she's out of luck.

calv
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
i'm in for a trade. have a few from series 2 to trade. opened but new/never played with!

alien_host
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I called the Dedham MA TRU and gave them item #577997 (which I found on Brickset) and they said they are sold out. Which seems to mean they got in stock and they went fast. Try calling your stores to see.

Braintree Lego store is still telling me "January" on the phone.

Corie
12-02-2010, 01:11 PM

I called our Cincinnati Lego store too and they are also saying January.

alien_host
12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I called our Cincinnati Lego store too and they are also saying January.

I think that is crazy, if it is true. Why wouldn't Lego want to be selling them BEFORE if not at the same time as places like TRU/Grocery Stores etc? Honestly it's like their marketing deparment doesn't have a clue.

Also Lego has to realize these are a perfect stocking stuffer or small item for Hanukkah. I don't get it all all really in them waiting until Jan. I am so surprised they aren't in Lego Stores now!

nicknack
12-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I called the Dedham MA TRU and gave them item #577997 (which I found on Brickset) and they said they are sold out. Which seems to mean they got in stock and they went fast. Try calling your stores to see.

Ooh, good to know, my ILs live in Dedham, maybe I can get them to stalk the store!

jvs195
12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I can't believe I'm so excited for this. I sent a coworker to TRU since it was reported on brickset they had them at the one near his home. I could not ask him to "check for bumps" so I'll see what he got (I told him to buy 18). The best part is I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO TRU!! I really hate that place.

Corie
12-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Are they priced at $2.99 at Toys R Us?

KrisM
12-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Are they priced at $2.99 at Toys R Us?

They are at mine. And they're b1g1 50% off this week, so it worked to $2.25 each.

left210
12-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Ok I did pretty good and only got 4 duplicates. Anyone want to trade?

Trade: two tennis players, a gorilla and a street punk.

Need: Hula, fisherman, elf and snowboarder.

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I've only seen Series 2 (blue bag) at Borders recently....tons of them at $3.99. So wrong to charge DOUBLE!

If I see Series 3 (green bag), at Borders, I'd only buy them w/ a coupon but that will take me forever!

They might have been Series 2 then. They had them behind the counter and I saw they were $3.99, so I didn't look at them really. I was just suprised to actually see some since I'd never seen any before and I was looking a couple months back ... stalking Target every day, going to Lego store, etc. :p I think I'm over it now!

Twoboos
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Y'know, I went to get a couple of the Series 2 out for DDs the other day, and I think I am going blind. I'm not sure I have all off the set! The barcodes are totally blending together, and I swear I have repeats. UGH!

I am not feeling dots for Series 3. (So I say now!!)

Corie
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Just bought 50 more! I'm going to have DH help me go through them
tonight.

Twoboos
12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
tonight.

FIFTY more! :47: Corie you may become the official spokesperson of Lego Series Mini-Figures!!

ett
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
tonight.

I should just buy your extras! :)

Corie
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I should just buy your extras! :)

I'm mailing my extras to Lori (billysmommy)!! We always shop
for each other. :)

left210
12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
tonight.

I need four of them. If you have an extra hula girl, fisherman, elf and snowboarder I would be so grateful if I could buy them from you. Good luck sorting through them. I only sorted thru 16 and was having trouble with some of them and then when I opened them a few of them were not what I had guessed.

Corie
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
and then when I opened them a few of them were not what I had guessed.

That's what I'm afraid of!!!

billysmommy
12-05-2010, 09:19 PM

You are so totally awesome!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I've been looking around here and no one has them yet. Lego store said Jan 3rd but that they may get them a week earlier. LMK how much I owe you.

Twoboos
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM

A likely story, LOL!!! :rotflmao:

alien_host
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Corie, 50 more figures, I'd probably do the same!

I really am getting impatient that I can't find them here...I totally over bought Series 2, I must have bought at least 50. I have no idea why, I think it is addiciting! I'm going to give a bunch away as stocking stuffers. I've been gifting them here and there for b'day parties and other gifts to DD's friends.

I don't feel as "attached" to any in Series 3, yet! I wanted a bunch of duplicates from Series 2, like the vampire and witch for Halloween.

And dumb me though the "elf" was going to be a Christmas Elf...I was so confused when I saw the pictures!

ETA: So the Sumo Wrestler appears to have the same legs as the Naked Santa some of us were discussing in the 2010 City Advent Calendar....with the black thong.

katydid1971
12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
ETA: So the Sumo Wrestler appears to have the same legs as the Naked Santa some of us were discussing in the 2010 City Advent Calendar....with the black thong.

Hey with the sumo at least it makes sense, they wear those black underwear (sorry I don't know the correct term :bag) but on Santa its just WEIRD!!!

alien_host
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey with the sumo at least it makes sense, they wear those black underwear (sorry I don't know the correct term :bag) but on Santa its just WEIRD!!!

I agree it makes sens with the sumo wrestler. I just think it's interesting that they found two uses for those legs....LOL.

Corie
12-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't feel as "attached" to any in Series 3, yet! I wanted a bunch of duplicates from Series 2, like the vampire and witch for Halloween.

What? You don't want the mummy? The mummy is super cool. I have
the vampire, the witch, and the mummy all lined up on my bathroom sink. :)

alien_host
12-07-2010, 01:00 AM
What? You don't want the mummy? The mummy is super cool. I have
the vampire, the witch, and the mummy all lined up on my bathroom sink. :)

OK I found a better set of pictures...on Lego.com so they must be coming soon to the actual Lego store/online (I hope)! I agree the mummy is very cool...I didn't realize his face was green!

I also like the hula girl, snowboarder, baseball player and guy in the gorilla suit the best.

Corie, series 4 is reported to have Frankenstein! http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8804-0

billysmommy
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
OK I found a better set of pictures...on Lego.com so they must be coming soon to the actual Lego store/online (I hope)! I agree the mummy is very cool...I didn't realize his face was green!

I also like the hula girl, snowboarder, baseball player and guy in the gorilla suit the best.

Corie, series 4 is reported to have Frankenstein! http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8804-0

I love the one that looks like the mad scientist :)

Corie
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM

My favorites are the mummy and the gorilla!!! The gorilla is SUPER CUTE
in person.

Corie
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM

I will definitely need a couple extra of the Frankenstein!!!!!! He is awesome!!

I also love the Punk Rocker dude! My son has a mohawk and we put colored
hair gel in it all the time! (He had his picture taken with all the cousins and
Papa & Nana over Thanksgiving and I did his mohawk in RED. It was great!)

Corie
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM

Wait a minute! Look at the back row! Is that supposed to
be a Werewolf????

:jammin:

billysmommy
12-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Wait a minute! Look at the back row! Is that supposed to
be a Werewolf????

:jammin:

I think you're right!!! Very cool

Corie
12-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I need four of them. If you have an extra hula girl, fisherman, elf and snowboarder I would be so grateful if I could buy them from you.

I finally finished going through all 50 of them and there was only
ONE snowboarder in the bunch. And I needed it!!

The extra hula girls, fisherman and elf all went to my neighbor. (She
read most of the bumps on the bags!)

I'm sorry!!

ett
12-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I found series 3 at the Dedham, MA TRU today. They were $3.99 each. I bought 17 packs but I'm sure I have some duplicates since some of the dots were very hard to see/feel. I'm a little bummed that I did not see the $10 of $50 Lego coupon until I got home. I really just went to TRU this morning for the B1G2 Crayola sale. Needless to say, it turned into a very expensive TRU run. I didn't have the cheat sheet with me so I'm going to compare tonight to see what I got.

Question ... is everyone just opening the packs to see what you got or are you using the cheat sheet? I would be interested in trading any duplicates I have but I'll probably have to open the pack to be absolutely sure which one it is, especially since some of the packs didn't seem to have obvious dots.

jgenie
12-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Please let me know if anyone ends up with an extra gorilla!!

mshen
12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Can someone educate me about those? Where is the cheat sheet? Thx

left210
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I found series 3 at the Dedham, MA TRU today. They were $3.99 each. I bought 17 packs but I'm sure I have some duplicates since some of the dots were very hard to see/feel. I'm a little bummed that I did not see the $10 of $50 Lego coupon until I got home. I really just went to TRU this morning for the B1G2 Crayola sale. Needless to say, it turned into a very expensive TRU run. I didn't have the cheat sheet with me so I'm going to compare tonight to see what I got.

Question ... is everyone just opening the packs to see what you got or are you using the cheat sheet? I would be interested in trading any duplicates I have but I'll probably have to open the pack to be absolutely sure which one it is, especially since some of the packs didn't seem to have obvious dots.

If you have a fisherman, snowboarder or pilot I would be interested. Thanks.

spanannie
12-12-2010, 01:02 AM
I have an extra elf, race car driver, tennis player and rapper. I need a pilot and a gorilla; if anyone has them or needs my extras, please PM me. I was ready to buy a case at TRU tonight, but they wouldn't let me. I had a terrible time reading the bubbles, so I just felt what was in the packaging to discern what I had. I think I did good to only get 5 duplicates and be missing 2 from a set. I was happy to get one duplicate snowboarder, since my daughter will want one, as well. My lego maniac son will have to have the whole set!

alien_host
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Looks like they will be $2.99 :( They still aren't available on-line though, website is showing 1/1/11

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=8803&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US

Corie
12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Looks like they will be $2.99 :( They still aren't available on-line though, website is showing 1/1/11

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=8803&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US

Looks like I saved $16 because I got mine for $1.99!!

MolieMuts
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
We picked up some at Wal-Mart last night. They are $2.69 there. The dots were very hard to decipher and we were often wrong. I agree that feeling the packs for pieces may be more reliable. We didn't get any aliens!