PDA

View Full Version : J+J Johnson's naturals--how natural?

TwoBees
12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
The bottle (lotion) says paraben free and 99% natural. What do oyu think about it?

kristac
12-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Here's an old thread. Not as natural as you might like.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=365191&highlight=naturals

TwoBees
12-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Here's an old thread. Not as natural as you might like.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=365191&highlight=naturals

Thanks, that was helpful.

I'm trying to find a good massage lotion for DD. The scent of Cal. Baby's calming lotion is a bit too strong, and the unscented lotion smells odd to me. The Yes to Baby Carrots is a bit powdery, and the Burt's is waaay too powdery. Oh well. Guess I keep looking.

brittone2
12-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks, that was helpful.

I'm trying to find a good massage lotion for DD. The scent of Cal. Baby's calming lotion is a bit too strong, and the unscented lotion smells odd to me. The Yes to Baby Carrots is a bit powdery, and the Burt's is waaay too powdery. Oh well. Guess I keep looking.

Would you consider using just some natural oils? Jojoba, olive, coconut?

Melaine
12-02-2010, 02:04 PM

I was going to say that too. I really have come to prefer coconut over most lotion.

TwoBees
12-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Yes, I might. I think I will try Avalon Organics Baby lotion and/or baby massage oil first, they are reated pretty well by the EWG. I am trying to avoid greasiness though, because then DD will be even harder to catch! :wink2:

lizzywednesday
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes, I might. I think I will try Avalon Organics Baby lotion and/or baby massage oil first, they are reated pretty well by the EWG. I am trying to avoid greasiness though, because then DD will be even harder to catch! :wink2:

Lavanila Baby Lotion absorbs easily and is lightly scented (mild vanilla-y scent) though I have no idea how it's rated on EWG because I haven't found it yet.

An added plus is that you can get away with using only a tiny bit to cover the entirety of baby's body if you need to.

They also have a "baby butter" but I haven't tested that yet.

The biggest drawback is price - it's $15/bottle and an exclusive to Sephora.