PDA

View Full Version : 3rd trimester bra question

Lupe
12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi All,
I have officially entered my 3rd trimester and for the first time I feel like pregnancy is getting uncomfortable (I had a pretty good run so far)
I have gone up about a cup or so and was getting by just fine with my new bras, but now almost anything is uncomfortable.
It seems like it is not the cup size, but my belly, which is getting bigger by the second, is really high (my husband rests the TV remote on it) and all bras seems to chafe. I could swear my DS is sitting horizontally on top of my ribs. Underwire is completely out of the question because it digs into my belly. I have a couple of sport bras/bralettes, but at the en of the day I have a red mark in between my breasts and my belly. I am a D-DD cup right now, so going bigger may not give me enough support, since the cups are not bigger. Don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Help!
Lucia

jenrub
12-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm in my 3rd trimester and starting to feel uncomfortable with my existing bras since last week. I bought the Bravado original M+ at around my 5th month and they've been wonderful. I was planning on getting the body silk but couldn't figure out whether to get a M or L since I wanna be able to wear them now until after I give birth. I bought a M of Stella (Basics by Bravado at Target) but couldn't even close it let alone cover my girls so I had to exchange it for a L. Therefore, I'm about to order a L of the Bravado body silk (hoping they're sized the same) at Breakout Bras since I received an email for 20% off which expires tom., Dec. 3. Code is BBTHANKS20 in case you're interested since it'll bring it down to around $35 each with FS.

luckytwenty
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I second the recommendation for Bravado, but like the Bravado Silk better. I got a large, which I wore my whole pregnancy (went from a small D to who knows what letter--I was huge!!) Now a month post partum, I use it to sleep in and wear it on the tightest setting during the day, as I'm still way bigger than my old 34D size (maybe a 36DD or so right now.)

Lupe
12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks!!
I used the coupon and order a body silk in size L
will see how it works
thanks again

bostonsmama
12-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I got the Bravado Body Silk in a M b/c I had the same problem w/ rib cage expansion. I was a 34B pre pg, but got up to a 38C in my 3rd tri. The M did NOT fit comfortably in the last 7 weeks, BUT it fits perfectly post partum. My rib cage is still shrinking back down to size, but the M is comfy and supportive. I have a L in the Target Bravado Essentials knock-off and it's great, too. I wore it while engorged when my milk came in and it still fits great now, but it's not as supportive (the material is thinner). I have a feeling that when I lose these last 8lbs, I'm going to appreciate having gotten the M even more, but know that whatever works at the end of your pg may eventually be too big once your nursing supply regulates itself.

sunchip
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you so much for the code and information. I just bought a bravado cami and silk bra. I have one week left and everything's getting so uncomfortable.

Any other recommendations for nursing cami? I have a feeling that I'll need more than one! I'm just reluctant to buy more of the same brand since I dont' know how it'll fit, etc. Thank you!