PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer--why the high prices?

DrSally
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I've noticed that EB seems to have very high prices on their more stylish items. I would love this shirt for under cardigans, but it's $50 for a slip of a shirt. http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38317&&categoryId=23656&categoryName=TOPS-BY-FIT&pCategoryId=3&pCategoryName=WOMEN&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=23656~~categoryName=TOPS-BY-FIT~~pCategoryId=3~~pCategoryName=WOMEN~~gpCategor yId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y
I also thought their courdory jacket this fall was high at $70 (got it for $40 right before winter hit).

arivecchi
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Don't know. I ordered a tunic and it is razor thin and looks cheap. I am returning it. Their CS is not that great either.

TamiRuns
12-03-2010, 08:01 AM
ITA, Sally! I just don't think the quality = the price. We have an outlet about 30 minutes away and we buy a few things there but always leave thinking people are crazy to pay full price......

DrSally
12-03-2010, 08:33 AM
ITA, Sally! I just don't think the quality = the price. We have an outlet about 30 minutes away and we buy a few things there but always leave thinking people are crazy to pay full price......

It seems like their items that have a bit more styling are the ones where they jack up the price, like they're trying to compete with BR or something.

I wish, wish I had an outlet nearby. Their prices are sooo much more reasonable. I feel like the regular stores used to have better sales/coupons.

Hey, Tami, were you the one that recommended Levi's 525 perfect waist jeans awhile back? If so, I tried them on again and loved them! I cannot find them in a store in short though (reg or petite, although Kohls doesn't even have petite). I just love whatever they put in the waist to make it stay tight to the body.

TamiRuns
12-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey, Tami, were you the one that recommended Levi's 525 perfect waist jeans awhile back? If so, I tried them on again and loved them! I cannot find them in a store in short though (reg or petite, although Kohls doesn't even have petite). I just love whatever they put in the waist to make it stay tight to the body.

Yep.....lovin' the perfect waist Levi's. I believe the ones I have are 529's - boot cut. I was just thinking I need another pair but need straight leg to wear with my boots. So Kohls doesn't have the short in store or doesn't have the size you need? I can check next time I'm at mine......

DrSally
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Yep.....lovin' the perfect waist Levi's. I believe the ones I have are 529's - boot cut. I was just thinking I need another pair but need straight leg to wear with my boots. So Kohls doesn't have the short in store or doesn't have the size you need? I can check next time I'm at mine......

529, I'm going to have to look that cut up.
Yes, my Kohl's doesn't have both short or petites (although I think I need short). I looked online, and they don't have it either, but that doesn't say much b/c it seems like online stock is even less than the stores. I can't figure out if they never carry them or are just OOS.

DrSally
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Just an update...I had a EB rewards $5 GC to use, so I stopped in. They had the crinkle tank on clearance for $30, I had a $15% off coupon and the $5 coupon, so I got it for $20! Still more than I would pay for a tank, but it is silk and $20 is an ok price to me. I got the silver, but I would love the gold as well....

Neatfreak
12-07-2010, 12:16 AM
I usually find really cute tops at Eddie Bauer, and that's where my fave shorts and capris are from, but I always wonder why their pricing isn't more comparable to Lands' End!