PDA

View Full Version : Does your toy room have a theme?

lalasmama
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
The title says it all (basically). If you have a toy room, does it have an overall theme? If so, what it is?

We don't have a toy room... but hoping one day we will!

lcarlson90
12-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Our play room theme is "jungle". The room used to be an office and it was already painted army green.

Pepper
12-03-2010, 07:42 AM
If you have a toy room, does it have an overall theme?

Yep...it's entropy.

(sorry - too early in the am and I couldn't resist making a bad joke :wink2:)

Seitvonzu
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM
entropy! i love it :)

our playroom is really loosely "woodland"-- i bought lucy a red envelope quilt when she turned one-- it has woodland animals for each letter of the alphabet. that is pretty much the only wall decor in the playroom. (lots of the wall is covered by the expedit, the closet doors take up most of another wall, and a window breaks up another...then there is the quilty) there is also a canopy hanging over her wing chair..and that's not terrible "woodland."

i used a pretty light, but brightish green paint. if we had a bigger space for our playroom i might have theme "areas" within the playroom(dressup/reading/building/etc... we do some of this, but it has to "rotate"--- we have dressup, big table (which is currently dollhouse), a little book shelf, etc)), but i think i an overall theme is harder & more likely to get lost in the shuffle in a play space, unlike in a bedroom.

wimama
12-03-2010, 10:12 AM
DS's play area is in our family room area of the basement. No overall theme, unless you take into account the large number of Toy Story toys. Rex and RC are displayed sitting out there giving a Toy Story theme to the room.;)

Otherwise on the weekend when DS has full assess to his Toy area and time to create a good mess, we have a tornado theme going on. No order to the mess. Everything gets mixed together.:D

elliput
12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Otherwise on the weekend when DS has full assess to his Toy area and time to create a good mess, we have a tornado theme going on. No order to the mess. Everything gets mixed together.:D
:ROTFLMAO: Natural Disaster is the theme in our playroom.

lalasmama
12-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.... I made DD a reading nook ages ago (well, like last spring maybe?), and I did this little "In the Clouds" theme... and started thinking "oh crap" if I was going to have to do a theme for her playroom too... Wasn't really sure if people did "themes" for playrooms or not! I believe I will go for the "controlled chaos" version of the toy room if/when it becomes a reality....

... wait. Controlled Chaos. I could turn that into a partial "theme". Walls painted different colors (all in the same color family though!)... Nothing "matchy" (got that taken care of already, as there's no matching toy boxes/shelves/space that we have)...

I think I found my "theme"! ;)

hellokitty
12-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Chaos. Seriously, my kids must love a trashy environment. They would rather wade and trip over toys, rather than pick them up. I always see ppl posting pics of very nicely done and cute playrooms. That would go to waste on my kids, they just don't appreciate the effort.

smilequeen
12-03-2010, 02:07 PM
It's decorated...blue walls, a few fun pictures, a moon in my room thing. No theme other than "boys with too many toys" :)