PDA

View Full Version : Aldi's version of peppermint Joe-Joes

mamicka
12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I've never had peppermint Joe-joes because TJ's isn't close enough to go often & they always run out by the time I make it there. But our Aldi's has a box of dark chocolate covered peppermint sandwich cookie which was delicious. It came in a small red box (one row of 9? cookies) but I can't remember the name.

Anyway, thought it'd be worth checking out if you have an Aldi but no TJ.

12-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks. Aldi and TJs have the same owner so I wonder if they are the same. I'll have to ask my sister who lives in a city with both to check it out for me.

Christine W

Melaine
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks! We have Aldi and I'm always jealous of the holiday TJ's threads, so I will definitely try these.

Elilly
12-03-2010, 03:13 PM
TJs and Aldi are owned by the same company so they are likely the same product. Enjoy!

Claki
12-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Actually they aren't owned by the same country. TJ's is owned by a company that runs Aldis in other parts of the world, by the US Aldis are a completely different entity. But the similarities in their private label products and strategy are unmistakable...

Momit
12-03-2010, 04:01 PM
This is so interesting! We live in Germany, and there are Aldis everywhere but obviously no TJs. I was SO excited the other day when I saw some "Trader Joe's" (same logo and everything) dried fruit at Aldi. I thought it was a fluke!

I had DH bring back 4 boxes of peppermint Joe Joes when he was back home last week, now I'll have to check Aldi too.

Thanks!

daisymommy
12-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Well considering that we just ate a whole box of the chocolate covered Jo-Joes in a few days, and I'm dying for more, yet TJ's is 30 minutes away from me and Aldis is just 5 minutes away...I am going to be VERY happy and fat ;)

Thanks so much for sharing!

misshollygolightly
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks! I'll go look for some tomorrow :-)

JenaW
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Where were they in your Aldis? We have an Aldi's literally 5 min away but no TJs for several hours :( I stopped there earlier and did not see them. There was only one girl working and several people in line so I did not stay and ask. I've never had the pepermint joe joes but have been wanting to try them.

J

mamicka
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Where were they in your Aldis? We have an Aldi's literally 5 min away but no TJs for several hours :( I stopped there earlier and did not see them. There was only one girl working and several people in line so I did not stay and ask. I've never had the pepermint joe joes but have been wanting to try them.

J

They were mixed-in with all the other holiday treats, I think. In our store it's in the middle section. I don't know if that's helpful. I'm not at home or I would try to find the exact name on the box.

happy2bamom
12-03-2010, 07:50 PM
This made my night. we just moved to an area with no TJ, but Aldi is down the steet. Woo Hoo !!!

icunurse
12-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Our Trader Joe's is already sold out of the Jo-Jo's for the year, so I bought some of the knockoffs at Aldi today. While they are not 100% exact (and don't have the peppermint crumbles on the top), they are pretty darn close and have saved my holiday snacking needs!! Thanks for letting me know where to find them :)

sdoyle
12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Found them! They are in a box that looks almost exactly the same as TJ ones (color, shape, etc) but are called dark chocolate covered candy cane cremes. The maker is listed as "Bentons Best". They are exactly the same except no candy cane crumbles on top. As it would turn out I had a box of Jo-Jos so we did an obligatory taste test and yep- exact same! In my store they were at the back and not in the holiday display up front and only......get this.....$2.49 a box!:yay:

Stacy