PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Keyfit 30

Swallowbird23
12-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi All, We were previously considering the Teutonia but after getting some suggestions on here, we went to look and "test drive" it and didn't like it at all. So now we need a new carseat pick. I think we're pretty set on the Uppababy Vista for now, so we can go with a variety of car seats. I have read some good reviews about the Chicco Keyfit. I also like the solid colors they have that are more gender neutral (we are considering the Chicco keyfit 30 in Adventure) Some of the more basic solid color Graco Snugrides have some negative reviews about the fabric being too hot.

Are there any pro's/con's that you can share about the Keyfit 30?

Thanks so much!

KrisM
12-03-2010, 10:49 PM
I loved it. Easiest seat I've ever installed with either the LATCH or seatbelt. I was sad to see it go. My only con is that you have to take out the infant body padding at 11lbs. I would have liked to use it longer.

Dream
12-04-2010, 02:27 AM
No complains here, easy to install and use. Sometimes I felt it made DD feel hot. I'm hoping to use it again for the 2nd one.

love-pink
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: the keyfit!! ive had both the graco safe seat (same as the tutonia) and the regular snugride 22. if i had to do it all over again i would have had nothing but the keyfit for all my kids. very very easy to install and adjust the straps. the chest clip is awesome and not humongous compared to a noob and the covers are nicely padded and very easy to wash up! i got the luna print in a travel system not expecting to like the stroller and just use it around the yard, but i really did enjoy that stroller! if dd was a tad smaller (shes 13 months) i would soooo buy the new yellow print kf30 they have to get us through the winter :wink2:.

babychi
12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Love the KeyFit! It is so easy to install and my baby always seemed super comfy. DD never had any sweat issues in it. We also had the Adventure pattern...I got compliments on it all the time! Very gender neutral but still pretty.

BabyBearsMom
12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I have a KF 30 and liked it a lot. The thing about those reviews re: the fabric, all of these seats are warm. There is a ton of padding, so if your baby runs hot, they will be hot in any car seat. I would not use that as a deciding factor. Nice things about the Key Fit: Soooooo easy to install and attractive fabrics. Negatives as compared to the Graco: You can't use it quite as long as a SR-35 IMO, it is more expensive (not just the seat but the extra bases too) and it is very slightly heavier. As much as I liked my KF, if I had it to do over again, I would probably have gone with a Graco since they are a bit lighter and you would be shocked about how heavy those things are once your baby gets to be 3 or 4 months old.

megan973
12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
We love our KF30!!! I agree about the baby being hot... he would leave sweat marks on the padding (but that may be the case for any seat).

I lvoe the fact that it just snaps in... even had a friend tell me that they wished theirs was so easy. I don't have anything for comparison, but I have really loved it.

Beth24
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I also have a key fit and love it.

Swallowbird23
12-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. I think we're going to go with this seat, it seems that most people are generally pretty satisfied with it.

Thanks!