PDA

View Full Version : quick airline seat question

niccig
12-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I just cancelled DH's air miles ticket to Australia and now we have the aisle seat beside me empty...should I change my seat to the aisle to keep the middle opne...maybe it won't get filled?? If someone is there, I'll swap with them, no way DS will be sitting next to a stranger

bubbaray
12-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I have heard of people doing just that. CAn you see pre-booked seats on their website?

egoldber
12-03-2010, 10:02 PM
We always book aisle and window, hoping to keep the middle seat empty. But I wouldn't count on it with an international flight.

niccig
12-03-2010, 10:17 PM
We always book aisle and window, hoping to keep the middle seat empty. But I wouldn't count on it with an international flight.

I can look and see and so far in our part of economy plus - I upgraded to give us a little more room for the 14 hours we'll be stuck there - there's several empty seats and all middle...I don't want someone to see my aisle and decide it's the best seat to have. I changed my seat to the aisle and we'll see what happens. I'll sit in the middle seat and if someone does come along, they'll have to take the aisle - no one wants middle on a long haul flight like that if they can help it. I hope we don't get anyone..that would help to have the extra seat

wolverine2
12-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Good decision! We always do this hoping for the best. Also, Economy Plus doesn't seem to fill up as quickly as the regular Economy. I have been on the United website constantly in the 2 weeks before a trip switching seats around to try to keep an empty one- I've had pretty good luck. Now we just are taking the 4 across the middle...

niccig
12-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Good decision! We always do this hoping for the best. Also, Economy Plus doesn't seem to fill up as quickly as the regular Economy. .

There's 12 empty seats in Economy Plus outbound and 26 empty on the return - it does cost more, and the tickets at the moment are expensive. Fingers crossed it stays EMPTY.