PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Shopping

arivecchi
12-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Have you completed most of it already or are you still waiting for better sales?

Poll coming.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-03-2010, 11:38 PM
i haven't really started holiday shopping :bag. the past few weeks were filled with insane amt of traveling/visiting family, then DH is out town for almost 2 weeks, so there was no time to shop really during all the big sales.

though i have gotten a few big things earlier in the year. i snagged a Learning Tower during that drugstore.com deal a few months back, and that will be our main gift to DS for xmas.

Melbel
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I definitely have more than half done, but still have a way to go. A couple items I have been eyeing dropped to 1 year low prices this evening, so I went ahead and purchased (a Panasonic shaver for FIL and a Razor Rip-Rider 360 Drifting Ride-On for DD1). The www.camelcamelcamel.com notification worked well. I seriously need to inventory and regroup for the kids. I have random items stashed in various places, that I hope to remember! It is much more difficult when the kids are older and still believe in Santa. All of my shopping this year as been online.

LarsMal
12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Somehow we went from not knowing what to get the kids to having way too much! I need to pull some stuff and save it for birthdays. I have gotten most of their stuff on sale, with some really great deals (combo of online and B&M). I got amazing deals on Christmas jammies and a couple toys/games at Kohls tonight.

I haven't gotten a single gift for DH or anyone else I have to shop for. Really need to focus on that now!

SnuggleBuggles
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Other- I have the kids done but no one else simply because I just haven't started, not because of deals.

Beth

wellyes
12-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh crap, is it December already??!!?!

elephantmeg
12-04-2010, 12:38 AM
everyone that I have a list for is done. Missing lists for a few people and then need to pick up some gift cards. Kids are done :)

niccig
12-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Mostly done. A few more to do that will be done online this weekend.

DH bought his mothers today and he told me he's going to go to the post office tomorrow to send it. I'm torn...do I tell him how busy it will probably be on a Sat. and that he should use the mail box place by his work, or let him see how insane the post office can get?? This is related to my post last week about arguing with him over me saying I wouldn't go stand in line last minute to send presents because he wasn't organized. Previous years I'm there day before we leave to go somewhere, and I won't do that this year.

If I was really cruel, I could send DS with him to stand in line for an hour :icon_twisted:

KrisM
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm nearly done. I have a couple stocking stuffers for DD and DS1 to pick up and 3 gifts for others. I'll knock them off this weekend and then start wrapping. This is the earliest I've been done.

MontrealMum
12-04-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm mostly done. I got my big LE shipment today - ordered on Nov. 30th no less! :cheerleader1: - and I'm either trying to hide things from DS (he keeps breaking into my office!), or waiting for most of the rest of what I've ordered. It's been a wholly online Christmas for me this year, which is unusual, but I'm really enjoying it!

I've been eyeing a few "extra" things on Etsy, but I know I have to pull the trigger on those soon or they won't get here in time!

Don't ask me about the Christmas cards :bag

MontrealMum
12-04-2010, 01:08 AM
If I was really cruel, I could send DS with him to stand in line for an hour :icon_twisted:

I'd be sorely tempted to do this, if it wasn't also a punnishment for your DS! I've been known to teach by example with DH on more than one occasion :p

srhs
12-04-2010, 02:02 AM
I am waiting for the last of my recipients to share his list! Get on it, Grandpa! ;)
Oh, and hoping for a 30% off free shipping (no min) code from Lands End for something for my dad.

srhs
12-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Mostly done. A few more to do that will be done online this weekend.

DH bought his mothers today and he told me he's going to go to the post office tomorrow to send it. I'm torn...do I tell him how busy it will probably be on a Sat. and that he should use the mail box place by his work, or let him see how insane the post office can get?? This is related to my post last week about arguing with him over me saying I wouldn't go stand in line last minute to send presents because he wasn't organized. Previous years I'm there day before we leave to go somewhere, and I won't do that this year.

Hmmm...how about a compomising and non-know-it-all, "If you get there and it's really packed, you might try xyz instead." ? Then, he will still see, but DS will not suffer. GL either way. :)

ijopint
12-04-2010, 02:22 AM
The Holiday spirit has not hit us yet :p. But then, I'll do the shopping in one shot.. Where Else? Only in New York...

caheinz
12-04-2010, 02:27 AM
I would like to be done. But, most of our gifts come from the people we're buying for's lists -- but no one is sending them to me this year.

So, they might get what I feel like buying if they don't hurry up and send something...

AJP
12-04-2010, 07:44 AM
I voted most. I only have 3 gifts left. Tough to buy for mom & mil (won't give ideas) and easy BIL.

mommylamb
12-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I clicked done, but is one ever really done??

TwinFoxes
12-04-2010, 08:51 AM
I clicked done, but is one ever really done??

I like the way you think. ;)

I'm still trying to figure out what bike/trike/balance bike to get DDs. And I was all set to get DH a telescope, but I think I left the page up on his iPad (I am not very sly, apparently) so I may have to think of something else if I want to surprise him. But the real issue is SILs haven't sent me DNs' wish lists. Do they not want presents??? I only have my teenaged niece's, which is fun because I get to go shopping for her at all the teeny bopper stores like AE and Aeropostale. An excuse to check out what the kids today are wearing!

mommylamb
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I like the way you think. ;)

I'm still trying to figure out what bike/trike/balance bike to get DDs.

The Target circular this week has radio flyer trikes that resemble kettlers with the steerable parent push bar for $47.

Seitvonzu
12-04-2010, 11:01 AM
i said "most"-- i feel more organized now since wrapping FOURTEEN presents last night-- (2 were for december birthdays, not my childs though :( )

i'm a "buy through the year" person, and tend to overbuy... i have placed my brother's family's gifts all wrapped and in one spot and feel pretty good about them. i was insecure about dn's gift until i found one of her main presents hiding among the stocking stuffer bag (a matching bracelet and necklace-- she's very girly).

i just have a couple things to order for dh (easy, amazon stuff), a cd for my mother and something for my dad... oh and i need to pick up the gift card for my brother & his wife (they just got a new house so i'm going to get some type of home improvement gift card)

okay.. time to get dressed for a birthday party. poor december birthdays! :)(my child included)

arivecchi
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Yikes! Apparently I am the only one here who is totally behind the ball! I only started yesterday with the Melissa and Doug sale.

tmahanes
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Yikes! Apparently I am the only one here who is totally behind the ball! I only started yesterday with the Melissa and Doug sale.

I haven't started at all and won't until I get paid next Friday!!! So you are ahead of me! :)

Please excuse my typos I am typing on my phone!

mamicka
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I didn't vote. I haven't exactly started yet but I know I have some things already purchased, I just have to go through the gift closet & get organized. We're really paring down this year so I don't think I'll have much left to do.

mamicka
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM

You are not alone, you've got plenty of time. The holidays have really crept up on me this year.

maiaann
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a few things, but I'm really trying to hold out for some big toy sales. Last year, Target & Amazon had huge sales in the 2 weeks before Christmas. Thus far, I haven't been too impressed with online prices.

gatorsmom
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I have about 1 or 2 gifts still to get. They are easy ones- a few ornaments for my mom's sisters that I'll get at Macy's. And a toy for Greenbean (he's hard to buy for). But that's about it. I still need to wrap though. I hate that part.

BeachBum
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty much done with my kids. But it's the "other" people that are so hard! and I haven't even started yet.

JoyNChrist
12-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm done. Did 100% of it online. Now I just have to wrap.