PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Spilled my mocha on the glider!

salsah
12-04-2010, 02:19 AM
and my usual methods are not working to get it out. i think i got it all out of the carpet, but i'm not making ant progress on the glider's upholstery. to make it worse, what spilled was what was at the bottom of the cup -- a concentrated mix of coffee and chocolate. is there any hope?

salsah
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
:BUMP: any suggestions?

zag95
12-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Have you tried using some Oxyclean??

salsah
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Have you tried using some Oxyclean??

how? i'm assuming that i will need to remove the upholstery and soak/rinse, etc. i'm not sure if this upholstery is washable. i've been trying to spot clean it.

ThreeofUs
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
The upholstery should have zippers or velcro. See if they do. If not, I'd put a soaking-wet towel in the bottom of the tub and lay the cushions down on it (stain-down, kwim?)

You could also try club soda.

ETA: Wasn't there a thread recently from a BBB'er who had a stain on her office chair and got good advice on how to get it out? I searched but can't find it.

salsah
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM
The upholstery should have zippers or velcro. See if they do. If not, I'd put a soaking-wet towel in the bottom of the tub and lay the cushions down on it (stain-down, kwim?)

You could also try club soda.

ETA: Wasn't there a thread recently from a BBB'er who had a stain on her office chair and got good advice on how to get it out? I searched but can't find it.

it does have a zipper, but i'm nervous about removing the cover for fear that i won't be able to get the cushions in again, at least not w/o any lumps. i guess may have to just suck it up and try.

i don't remember that thread, any one else remember it?

i'll try club soda. i probably should have started with it when the stain was still fresh.

kristenk
12-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I think this might be the thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2883530&highlight=blood+chair#post2883530

I'd unzip the cover so you can at least put something absorbent between the padding and the cover and then use whatever to try to get the stain out. Unzipping the cover shouldn't commit you to remove the padding, just get a better idea of what the situation is!

ThreeofUs
12-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I think this might be the thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2883530&highlight=blood+chair#post2883530

I'd unzip the cover so you can at least put something absorbent between the padding and the cover and then use whatever to try to get the stain out. Unzipping the cover shouldn't commit you to remove the padding, just get a better idea of what the situation is!

Thanks, Kristen, that's it! :bowdown: ITA about unzipping at least....