PDA

View Full Version : Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

vtmom
12-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper? I was thinking of getting one for when our twins are born (in the next few weeks!). We already have a pack and play from DD1, but I thought it would be nice to have the co-sleeper because the higher weight limit in the bassinet means I would only have to have one piece of furniture in our room for the first few months when they room in with us. When they move to cribs, I figured we could just use the co-sleeper along with the pack and play we already have as travel beds. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Also, does anyone know if the co-sleeper is any bigger than the pack and play in addition to having a higher weight limit?

TIA!

karstmama
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
can't help with much of this, but the co-sleeper is definitely smaller than the pack&play.

TwinFoxes
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
can't help with much of this, but the co-sleeper is definitely smaller than the pack&play.

There's a mini that's smaller, but our full size co-sleeper is virtually the same size. 40x28 vs 40x28.5 (according to Amazon). I loved being able to keep both girls in the co-sleeper. The slept in it quite awhile in our room, but of course they were teensy. I also think the co sleepers are attractive, but that's a personal taste thing. :)

Congratulations on your two bundles!

karstmama
12-05-2010, 10:41 AM
great, thanks for the correction! i appreciate it. :)

twowhat?
12-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I think the co-sleeper is a good option for if you plan on keeping the twins in your room as long as possible. It has a higher weight limit than the bassinet feature on a pack n play so both twins can share it pretty much until they're too big and run out of space.

We used pack n plays (had 2 of them) and had them share the bassinet at first until the two combined hit the weight limit, then moved them into separate pack n play bassinets (with the pack n plays next to each other), then moved them to their own room into cribs.

vtmom
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I ordered the co-sleeper. We have a very basic pack and play from DD1 that did not have a bassinet, so I think the co-sleeper is the way to go. This way we'll have one piece of furniture in our room that can accommodate both babies until they're ready to move into their own room/crib (we did this at 3-4 months with DD1).

One more question for those that have the full size co-sleeper; what sheets did you use? I know it comes with one sheet, but I'd like to have extras. The Arm's reach sheets seem expensive, did anyone find any other sheets that fit the co-sleeper well?

srhs
12-05-2010, 04:28 PM
One more question for those that have the full size co-sleeper; what sheets did you use? I know it comes with one sheet, but I'd like to have extras. The Arm's reach sheets seem expensive, did anyone find any other sheets that fit the co-sleeper well?
Congrats to you! Not a mom of twins here, but I did buy and :heartbeat: the cosleeper with DS2!!! I already had some of those ultimate crib sheets, and I just used those and tucked the excess in under the sides. The matress part is pretty firm so IME you can really tuck anything in (like a standard crib sheets even) and it will stay in place. Plus, it's not like baby (babies) are moving much at the age when they are in there, KWIM?

karstmama
12-06-2010, 10:37 AM
i'm pretty sure bru has a sheet for the co-sleeper.

dowlinal
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM
At first my boys shared a regular bassinet but after that I loved the arms reach cosleeper. In the hospital we discovered that they were happiest when they were in the same bassinet so we continued it at home for a few few weeks until they got a bit bigger and then used the full sized cosleeper for months.

triple_j
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I have the full sized co-sleeper for my twins who are arriving next week. Haven't set it up yet but we plan on having both babies in our room in the co-sleeper. From what I have read, standard pack and play sheets will fit in the co-sleeper and are much less expensive than the arm's reach brand. Congrats on the twins!