PDA

View Full Version : Ideas when you dont have a receipt for Toys R Us?

JustMe
12-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I was not sure where to put this, so hope its okay here. Someone told me they had bought ds a scooter when he came home, but that it was on order and would be here soon. Well, I never heard anything about it again (and that was almost 2 mos ago), and happened to be in Toys R Us. I picked one up for $19.99, as ds is very jealous that dd has one and thought it was a good sale. Of course, a couple of days later I get an e-mail from the person stating that they dont know what happened with the original order, but they have just re-ordered the scooter and I will get it in 5-8 days. Well now of course I cant find the Toys R Us receipt...and I see that Toys R Us' policy is that you pretty much get nothing without a receipt..not even a credit. So, do I just kiss the unnecessarily spent money goodbye? The scooter is still unopened in the box. I know I can donate it, but really we dont have extra money around at all right now. Any ideas?

mommybug
12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
If it you used a credit card to purchase, you can do a receipt look-up that way. Or if you are a rewards member, they can look up the transaction with your rewards number. good luck!

jgenie
12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Could you try listing it on CL? Does TRU have receipt lookup?

SpaceGal
12-04-2010, 06:36 PM
They will let you return with a drivers license...one of those SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS. But you know they won't let you do it again soon.

WolfpackMom
12-04-2010, 06:39 PM
If it you used a credit card to purchase, you can do a receipt look-up that way. Or if you are a rewards member, they can look up the transaction with your rewards number. good luck!

:yeahthat: I've done both!

JustMe
12-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks! I did have them scan my rewards card, so I will ask them about that (funny how it does not mention that in the policy, though). I think I used my debit card instead of credit, so no luck therel

JustMe
12-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Woo-hoo! I called my local Toys R Us and they confirmed that they would/could do returns by looking them up on a rewards card or a credit card!