PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Got Hold of My Minwax Wood Floor Scratch Pen

Kindra178
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
He wrote on the stainless steel dishwasher and wood cabinet. What would work without ruining either? Of course, I don't have too much here by way of cleaning products. Some Method stuff, vinegar, etc.

JoyNChrist
12-04-2010, 07:18 PM
My first thought is a Magic Eraser. Test it in an inconspicuous area to make sure it won't mess up the finish though.

Good luck!

american_mama
12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I say this with extreme caution, but one of the kids once wrote with marker on the coffee table. I believe I treated it within minutes or hours of them causing the mark, which gives you the greatest chance of success. I can't remember what kind of marker, but I must have thought I needed the big guns right away. I swiped it very fast and very lightly with a rag with nail polish remover, then immediately swiped it with a cloth with water. It worked and did not mar the finish. Of course I should have tested it in an inconpicuous spot (but I don't think I did). I don't know why I felt so desperate or daring to bring in nail polish remover right away, but I thought it might be helpful to know that I used it and it removed only what I needed to remove.

etaylor75
12-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Their website says to use mineral spirits or paint thinner for cleanup.

http://www.minwax.com/products/maintenance_and_repair/wood_finish_stain_marker.html

Good Luck :)
Erin