PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party food question

luca08
12-05-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm having my DD's birthday party at a gymnastics place from 3-5 pm. Would you expect a meal (pizza or nuggets) at this time? Or would you be fine with snacks (fruit, veggies, hummus, etc) and cake? Thanks.

crl
12-05-2010, 02:27 AM
At that time I would not expect a meal. If you haven't already sent the invitations, you can also just specify on them ("snacks and cake will be served").

Catherine

xmasbabycomin
12-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Definitely would not expect a meal. I wouldn't bother putting it on the invite unless you're just a super-paranoid person. :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-05-2010, 02:44 AM
I would not expect a meal either. All kids parties have food, but at that time no meal would be expected. I like serving a snack besides just cake, protein to balance out the sugar!;)

luca08
12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks so much! I'm definitely planning to have some protein snacks since my kiddo goes nuts with only sugar and carb snacks :)

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I disagree- put it on the invites! I mean, if you the host are guessing then odds are your guests will be too. I think it's just always a courtesy to alert guests. Now, I can see that at 3-5 i wouldn't expect food but I have been to enouh 3-5 parties and (plus 1-3 and 2-4) where they did serve food and it threw off the day's schedule.

Beth

fivi2
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I am not serving real food at our 2:30 -4:30 party. Heck, I am not doing anything other than cake and goldfish/pretzels. But I did put on the invites to join us for cake and fun (or something like that). Normally I wouldn't have put that, but reading enough threads here convinced me!

JustMe
12-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I would not expect a meal at that time, but it wouldnt hurt to put it on the invites. Also, I think it would be important to have lots of beverages available (even if its water).

jenstring95
12-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I disagree- put it on the invites! I mean, if you the host are guessing then odds are your guests will be too. I think it's just always a courtesy to alert guests. Now, I can see that at 3-5 i wouldn't expect food but I have been to enouh 3-5 parties and (plus 1-3 and 2-4) where they did serve food and it threw off the day's schedule.

Beth

I would not expect food, but I do think it would be nice to put "snacks and cake" on the invite, as DS has been served pizza at 1-3pm parties, and DD went to a 4-6pm party with only snacks and cake. I think knowing what food is being served does help families plan the rest of the day.

MMMommy
12-06-2010, 02:13 AM
DD1's upcoming birthday party will be from 1:45pm to 4:30pm, and I specifically picked that time slot (you get to choose time slots) to avoid providing a major meal. I put on the invite "birthday cake and snacks will be served" to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.