PDA

View Full Version : What seat for 34lb 5yo?

MissyAg94
12-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Our wizard is expiring soon and I want to start shopping now to try and get a decent deal on a new seat.

o_mom
12-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I would look at a Britax Frontier or Graco Nautilus. There are pros and cons to each one, but both would work well as a harnessed seat for a few more years and then become a booster.

love-pink
12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
graco nautilus all the way!! its simple to use, lasts for a long time harnessed then goes to a high back booster and a no back booster. easy to install with both the seat belt and latch (can be latched in booster mode) and not to mention great covers!! its a really great bang for your buck as you can usually find them on sale for around $130 if not cheaper. the frontier is alot wider and bulkier than the nautilus is space is an issue for you, plus the sale price isnt usually under $200. if you click on the "graco myride" word in my siggy i have a ton of pictures of both the frontier 85 and the nautilus installed in my envoy xl. the nautilus honestly takes me under a minute to install tightly and correctly, where as it took me a good 15 minutes to get the frontier 85 installed with latch, i gave up on the seatbelt install and sent the seat back :ROTFLMAO:

yankinweimar
12-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I second the Nautilus rec- for the same reasons. Also, if you're thinking of a specific booster in a few years, maybe an Evenflo Maestro (inexpensive and super easy to install, great belt fit as a booster) for now and then re-evaluate when you decide to go booster full time? I think my mum's Maestro is going to be our booster training seat because of its super belt fit and how easy the seat is to move from car to car.

MissyAg94
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much! I figured those were my best two options since she isn't 40lbs yet but I wanted to check here before buying.