PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive foot muff for a BJCM?

sherry7
12-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Are they called foot muffs or boots? :confused:

On Amazon, I saw the "official" BJCM foot muff, but it's $70. :eek: Is there anything else compatible that is inexpensive?

I would probably only be using the foot muff 2 or 3 times a winter, so I really don't want to pay a lot for one. Thanks. :)

poohbear
12-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I use the bundle me urban toddler on my BJCM - it fits perfectly and I really like it because it is not super bulky. It is $40 at albee right now. The only thing is, you can't really recline the seat much with it because of the elastic (there is probably a way around it, but I haven't figured it out yet). This is not an issue for me because my LO is older...
But it has a cut out for the pull handle and everything... I would imagine pretty much any footmuff would work - you would just need to lift up the muff to pull the close handle...
HTH!

ETA - in order to put it on the BJCM, you have to remove the canopy and reattach it (I'm guessing this is the case with most footmuffs), you can remove the outside portion, but I would guess that you will keep whatever you get on all winter...

jacksmoma
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
just don't use the elastic part- should stay on fine since the harnesses thread thru too. the elastic is made more for strollers where the hood can be popped off...

purpelina
12-05-2010, 02:07 PM
most footmuffs are universal and will fit on pretty much any stroller, especially since they have slots for 5 pt harness.
there were valco footmuffs on ebay for like 35 shipped. Arivecchi got one (or two even?)

It's more abut what degree of warmth you want. and what color to go with your stroller and taste :)

bundle me's are floating around, (tj maxx, ebay cl and all other sites offering 20% off and other incentives)

arivecchi
12-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I would get a bundle me for a BJCM. The BJ one is short and does not look that great IMO.

sherry7
12-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reples. Is a Bundle Me similar to the Kiddopotamus PoshPouch that I already have? If so, I can't see how it would fit on the stroller. :confused:

edit: I use the PoshPouch on my infant car seat right now.

Here is the one I have: http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_fsposh.php

arivecchi
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
No it is not. Google Bundle Me Toddler.

poohbear
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
just don't use the elastic part- should stay on fine since the harnesses thread thru too. the elastic is made more for strollers where the hood can be popped off...

I'll try taking the elastic off - duh! Right now I'm having trouble with the top part slipping off which didn't happen before...