PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to be talked down?

roseyloxs
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
So I was hoping to wait until this summer to buy a new stroller in Germany but with the 20% off code floating around this weekend I am having second thoughts. My husband has grown an affinity for pilot watches and is looking for one for xmas and they are in the pricey stroller range. So I struck up a deal to possibly buy him a pricey watch if he will buy me a bugaboo bee.

Do I need the bee? Do I want the bee at $520? It feels like so much money. I got my bumbleride indie twin for almost that much money. I really would like a reversible and if it came in a compact package that would be nice to.

I had a chance to play around with a beat up 2009 bee floor model and passed because the thing was just too beat up. However this would be a new 2010! My 3 year old is near the weight limit so he wouldn't be able to use it much but he rarely rides in strollers anyway. Also from the pictures I think the valco HH would fit on the back just fine.

Help me. Do I tell my husband to pull the trigger or take a deep breath and wait for Germany?

jacksmoma
12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
i don't know...hard to beat a bugaboo! i LOVE the new bee plus, i want one too! it really is so small and lightweight, it would be great for germany i'm sure. i say go for it- you could prolly sell on CL for more than you paid! now you're making me want one.... :)

arivecchi
12-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I would get it now - especially if it works with the HH!

jacksmoma
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
does the bee work with the hh for sure? thinking maybe i should get that or the bug board to help my new stroller itch instead!!

roseyloxs
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
No, I don't know for sure about the HH fitting the bee. Just looking at the frame I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. If I get it I'll let you know but I don't know if my husband would make me wait until xmas to play with it.

WatchingThemGrow
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Why wouldn't you get the Bugaboo wheeled board?

roseyloxs
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I already own the Valco HH. Even if I didn't though I would look into the HH because its universal so you can use it even if you move on to a non-bugaboo stroller.

jacksmoma
12-05-2010, 05:37 PM
that's what i was thinking too- if i (and i'm sure i will) get a diff single stroller at some point the valco hh would prolly work too (swift? single bob? indie??) :) wondering if my now 3 year old is mature enough to stand on it when i need him too but i'm sure my 18 month old is going to want to too! where are you ordering it from? babyontherun.com with the 20% off?

roseyloxs
12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I am getting excited but still a bit hesitant. The only other time I spent more then $500 bucks on a stroller was for my bumbleride indie twin. I am getting a bit nervous about all the terrible bugaboo CS stories. I knew with bumbleride I would be taken care of so I wasn't so nervous about the money but with bugaboo...?

Can anyone assure me that bugaboo's CS isn't as bad as perceived?

roseyloxs
12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
OMG. I just did it. I hope I love it. Bought a cupholder too, when you spend $500 whats another 20, ha.

Please send me some reassurance. I'll love it, right?

arivecchi
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I hope you love it! I think it will serve you well in Europe and you know I am not the Bee's biggest fan. ;)

sabbie3
12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I hope you love it! I think it will serve you well in Europe and you know I am not the Bee's biggest fan. ;)

what don't you like about the Bee? I planned on ordering tonight when I decide what color canopy to get but love to hear the devil's advocate. Was thinking about just getting a Bumbleride Indie instead knowing I will like it but so wanted to try a Bee while the price is right. Decisions, decisions!

poohbear
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
OMG. I just did it. I hope I love it. Bought a cupholder too, when you spend $500 whats another 20, ha.

Please send me some reassurance. I'll love it, right?

Well, you know how I feel about the Bee, but you also know how I feel about good deals and letting them pass you by :banghead:. So I say - GOOD FOR YOU for getting that tiny wheelchair for a great price!! :bighand: Seriously, I know people love their bees. Even though it's not for me, I think you did the right thing buying it now. You will totally be able to resell it for a big chunk of what you paid, so it was a good investment. Way better than DH's watch. LOL!

poohbear
12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
what don't you like about the Bee? I planned on ordering tonight when I decide what color canopy to get but love to hear the devil's advocate. Was thinking about just getting a Bumbleride Indie instead knowing I will like it but so wanted to try a Bee while the price is right. Decisions, decisions!

I think I can speak for both Arivecchi and myself in saying what we don't like about the Bee:

it looks like a tiny wheelchair
it is low to the ground
it is expensive
bugaboo's cs is lackluster

with the current sale it is not as expensive...

arivecchi
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I think I can speak for both Arivecchi and myself in saying what we don't like about the Bee:

it looks like a tiny wheelchair
it is low to the ground
it is expensive
bugaboo's cs is lackluster

with the current sale it is not as expensive...:yeahthat:

plus IMO, bigger kids look really strange in them

I totally understand the appeal, it is just not for me. :)

Multimama
12-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Congratulations on your Bee, Roseyloxs! I think it's a good choice for Europe and since Bugaboo is a major European presence you shouldn't have any problems getting the Bee serviced there even though you bought it here, which is a huge plus. Not sure if the same could be said for Bumbleride no matter how good their service is stateside.

jacksmoma
12-05-2010, 08:53 PM
i used to HATE bees and now i love mine! second time's a charm i guess! so light, pushes itself seriously. it does not "overwhelm" me either like a ton of strollers do (vista, cam, etc) which is nice as i'm only 5'3". go bee go!

Beth24
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Congratulations on pulling the trigger!!! I think you will be very happy.

roseyloxs
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM

I love the indie that being said, the bee(21") is about 3" thinner then the indie(24.5") which is important for indoor use. So if you plan on using your stroller mostly outside I would get the indie but if you plan on using it indoors more often then I would get the bee.

I chose the blue canopy. I love color so it was hard choice but my topaz is black and blue and I think the footmuff might match which would be awesome.

WatchingThemGrow
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I've had only great experiences with Bugaboo customer service, twice. They hooked me up! I actually prefer the attachment and the sturdiness of the bugaboo board over the Valco. The "play" in the arms of the HH make it a bit wobbly/leaning IME. The Bug is on there, solid, going nowhere, which is what I prefer when my DC are standing there. Actually, we had 2 DC on the wheeled board the day after T'giving, plus the one in the seat. No idea it could work as a triple, but it did! (I know, I know Arivecchi...pictures...at some point, I will. Then you can remind me to go add them to those threads where I've promised them. I just need an empty account somewhere to post them.)

poohbear
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I chose the blue canopy. I love color so it was hard choice but my topaz is black and blue and I think the footmuff might match which would be awesome.

I like the blue! That and the khaki are my favorite :)