PDA

View Full Version : Family Fun magazine free or $5

candaceb
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I get emails with $5 gift certificate codes from magazines.com at least once a week. Today I got an email with the coupon code of "santa" to make "Family Fun" $4.95. I was able to stack that with a gift certificate code to bring the total to $0.

http://www.magazines.com/product/familyfun

kcimato
12-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Thank you

kochh2
12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
do you have any more coupon codes for $5 you can spare??

Twin Mom
12-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks. I just ordered a renewal to my current subscription for free.

If you sign up for their email list they will send you $5 coupons all the time.

chozen
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks. I just ordered a renewal to my current subscription for free.

If you sign up for their email list they will send you $5 coupons all the time.

how do u get this mag. for free?

candaceb
12-05-2010, 08:33 PM
sorry, no more unexpired gift certs right now.

to get it free, follow directions in OP. coupon code plus gift cert = free.

ett
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
In case you didn't know, you can also redeem your gift certificates for cash. (the ones with unique codes). If you can, there is usually a tiny link on the bottom of the email to www.magazines.com/cash. I've gotten a whole bunch of $5 checks from them this way.

maybeebaby08
12-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Thank you, I've been looking for a deal on this magazine.

christiedavid3
12-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks so much! I checked my email and sure enough, I had a gift certificate! Got Family Fun for free! I've been looking for a good deal on this one as well, I had it and loved it.

Twin Mom
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks. I didn't know this. I went back through my emails and found a $10 gift card I hadn't used that expired today. Used the cash link and they are supposed to send me a $10 check. Honestly I don't understand why they would do this.

In case you didn't know, you can also redeem your gift certificates for cash. (the ones with unique codes). If you can, there is usually a tiny link on the bottom of the email to www.magazines.com/cash. I've gotten a whole bunch of $5 checks from them this way.

shoxie
12-06-2010, 12:40 AM

Awesome tip, thank you! I'd never seen this - I had a $10 gift card expiring tonight so I followed the cash link. We'll see if the check comes in - thank you! :)

baymom
12-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Thank you, OP! I just added to my subscription!

srhs
12-06-2010, 01:59 AM
YOU :jammin:! I would have never seen this in my shopping email account of 12000 messages.
:love-retry:

AbbysMom
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Looks like you can go through ebates for 26% back too!

MomtoNico
12-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all this info. i signed up for their emails and already got a 5 dollar code. Then today I got a 10 dollar code. Worked like a gift card so I bought the family fun for free. It is listed as 9.95. Didnt even have to put in a credit card. I have a feeling I am going to be ordering alot more magazines!!

NancyJ_redo
12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks for all this info. i signed up for their emails and already got a 5 dollar code. Then today I got a 10 dollar code. Worked like a gift card so I bought the family fun for free. It is listed as 9.95. Didnt even have to put in a credit card. I have a feeling I am going to be ordering alot more magazines!!

Yes, this. I had already deleted the Magazines.com email I received today (and the one yesterday, and the day before...they send A LOT of emails!), so after reading this thread I looked back at the one from today and saw my $10 code. Yay!! My free Family Fun is on its way :cheerleader1:

Also, I had no idea about the cashout option. Weird, but awesome. I've probably deleted 30 $5 emails from them in the past, so I'll now be reading them more closely.

94bruin
12-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I also signed up for this magazine. Now I just have to find time to actually read it, lol!

nofeea
12-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank you, thank you! I just took advantage of this deal too. Now, do magazines from this site automatically renew? Do I have to do something to stop from suddenly getting billed this time next year or will it just run out? TIA,
Natalie

crispychicky
12-13-2010, 10:13 PM
OK, I guess I'm dense tonight. Where exactly do you sign up for their emails? I can't seem to find a link on their web site. Do you need an existing account with them?

Great Deal!

daisymommy
12-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Left hand side, little blue box, mid way down the page.