PDA

View Full Version : ISO a cute/clever way to package a gift of cash!

cmo
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
There are several folks for whom we will be giving a cash gift this month. I'm wondering if there is a nice way to wrap/pack/present it, beyond the usual card w/bills tucked inside. Maybe there's a card or box out there that is unique? Or maybe something origami-esque?

Any ideas are much appreciated! Thanks, y'all. :-)

srhs
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
My grandparents always do this. They can be kind of cheesy, but I :heartbeat: em. Anyway, one method of theirs I might suggest is when the accordion fold the bill into the hook of a pretty ornament, which you could wrap. They didn't wrap them, they had them on a small tree and went around handing them out to each member of the family.
I especially like that method because I still have the pretty ornaments and think of them and the gesture each year when I hang them.

galvjen
12-05-2010, 04:31 PM
If any of your recipients are a child - young ones will be very excited about a pile of $1 bills.

lalasmama
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
There are several folks for whom we will be giving a cash gift this month. I'm wondering if there is a nice way to wrap/pack/present it, beyond the usual card w/bills tucked inside. Maybe there's a card or box out there that is unique? Or maybe something origami-esque?

Any ideas are much appreciated! Thanks, y'all. :-)

Money Origami! http://www.origami-resource-center.com/money-origami.html
I'm seeing some little box (maybe the take-out chinese boxes they make?) with the money origami-folded?

hbridge
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
My grandmother actually made a straw out of multiple bills when I was a child and put it in an ice cream soda glass filled with candy...

kristenk
12-05-2010, 09:38 PM
One year my grandparents wrapped a box of cereal for me b/c I liked cereal so much. I was quite upset that I received cereal for Christmas! I felt better when they had me open the box and showed me the $ inside!

newbiemom
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I second the idea about origami. I did this before - I made a butterfly for one niece, and I think a flower for the other. They really liked it! Or, buy a book and use the bills as bookmarks.

Nooknookmom
12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
No too clever but we always got cash wrapped inside of a box (various sizes) that was wrapped like a regualar present! Fooled me every time :-)

mom2one
12-05-2010, 11:35 PM
My parents have left money in little stockings (about three inches tall) and hidden money inside them. They have our names on them. Stockings are hidden sometime on Christmas day, my dad would hide them on the tree. We would all look for our sticking at the same time. Lots of fun!

fattytuna
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
http://www.amazon.com/TE-Brangs-Bilz-Obstacle-GREEN/dp/B000BUUO5U