PDA

View Full Version : Men's Dress/Dressy Casual Shoes

Wife_and_mommy
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm wondering what brands and styles of shoes the gentlemen associated with the BBB wear.

IMO, my DH is murderous on shoes and no matter whether we spend $35-40("midquality"on sale) or $150(supposed "high quality"not on sale) they don't seem to last longer than a year. He does rotate them but it doesn't seem to help as they're all equally worn out. Fwiw, he is mostly on his feet via the car and doesn't spend much time at a desk.

I'd love to hear about a brand of shoes that would be worth trying out. I can't even remember the specifics of what brands we've tried out but they've included anywhere from JcPenney to Bostonians to Macy/Dillards.

Penny's Pappa
12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
I wear Bostonians, but since I only wear them like 2x a year, I don't know how much help I can be.

katydid1971
12-05-2010, 11:23 PM
DH loves his Cole Haan airs. I pick them up at the outlet. DH's best friend and roommate when we met worked at the Nordstroms men's shoe dept and got DH hooked on expensive shoes. He has Ferragamos, Pradas and Bruno Maglis. He does rotate his shoes and has them resoled/shined etc when needed. Its funny I am not that big into shoes and he loves his expensive shoes and ties. For more casual he likes these a lot. http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=4219&productGroup=1314&pwpHash=shop,pwp,c-100/hf-10002+70016+4294967056+4294966276/t-MEN%27S|NIKE_AIR_LOAFERS_{AMP}_MOCS

KrisM
12-05-2010, 11:47 PM
DH might kill me for this, but he wears these (http://www.zappos.com/school-issue-scholar-toddler-youth-brown-oily-nubuck). He wears a 6.5 Men's, which is nearly impossible to find, so he gets boys size 6, which is the same. He gets about a year out of a pair.

codex57
12-06-2010, 01:09 AM
I like Eccos. Especially if you're doing more than just sitting at a desk. They're not too bad at eBay, altho the one I got at Macy's (or was it Nordstrom) seems slightly better made.

Not the most stylish, but comfort is by far more important to me than looks.

TwinFoxes
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
DH's favorites are his Geox. I finally bought a pair of women's, and I have to say, they're mighty comfy. DH is also very hard on his shoes.

Lately, I've bought him some Camper brand sneakers, and a few other nice sneakers. They can work in dressy-casual situations, but not dress situations. But it helps for him to have an option between crappy shoes, and dress shoes. :)

Melbel
12-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I now have DH hooked on Cole Haan Air too. For casual wear, he has several pairs of loafers in browns/blacks. They look great and are very comfortable. They have been holding up well, but he can also have them shined/resoled as needed which is the case with nicer shoes. I have been able to find them at great prices at Dillards' 75% off sales.

egoldber
12-06-2010, 08:57 AM
DH wears Allen Edmond dress shoes. They are $$$, but one advantage is that they will replace the soles when they wear out. He has had the soles replaced on his fav pairs 2-3 times.

JTsMom
12-06-2010, 09:52 AM
DH is a big Eccos fan. We've found some good deals at Nordstrom Rack.

carolinamama
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
DH pretty much exclusively wears the Cole Haan Nike Airs. He probably has 3-4 pairs right now that he rotates through. I think he is hard on his shoes too but since he wears them so much, we tend to justify buying a new pair or two each year. Also, Cole Haan always sends out coupons for 20% off a purchase via email so I don't think he's ever paid full price. His shoes all are appropriate for business casual.

Mommy_Again
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
DH wears Allen Edmond dress shoes. They are $$$, but one advantage is that they will replace the soles when they wear out. He has had the soles replaced on his fav pairs 2-3 times.

DH too. They are basically lifetime-duration shoes if you maintain them. 75% of his shoes are Allen Edmond, but he also has some Cole Haan and Ferragamos.