PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try quick dry towels?

hellokitty
12-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Have any of you tried the quick dry towels before? I'm wondering if you like them, and whether they shrink or not, and generally how well they wear. I saw that both BB&B have them and so does JCPenny's. One of my issues is that for some dumb reason we do not have a vent in our master bathroom, so in the summer, the bathroom gets unbearable muggy (I have to close the door at night, b/c the street light comes in through the bathroom window and shines into my eyes when I'm in bed), thus stinky towels very easily. I read reviews online, but they seemed kind of mixed. I have nice towels now, but they are thick and they shrunk on me, so I'm looking to replace them.

lizzywednesday
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Yes, I have two from Target Home.

They did not shrink and they wash really well. I bought them over the summer to take down the shore and have worked them into our everyday stash.

They dry fairly quickly hanging up (i.e. - could use it twice in the same day without it being damp) but they dry super-quick in the dryer.

wellyes
12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I use them for the gym. They are very effective in getting dry quick and they are soft. DH can't stand them. They aren't very absorbent... it's a bit more work to dry yourself off than with normal towels.

hellokitty
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I didn't even realize Target had their own quick dry version too. I think I will try them out. JCP has them on sale for $5.xx per bath towel right now.

Babymakes3
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I have a Jcpenney quick dry hand towel and I really like it! I bought a small one first to try it when I replaced my towels, next time i'll buy the bigger ones too!

hellokitty
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I have a Jcpenney quick dry hand towel and I really like it! I bought a small one first to try it when I replaced my towels, next time i'll buy the bigger ones too!

Thanks, I may go with the JCP brand. Maybe get a set for my master and if we like it, switch over all the bathrooms to the quick dry.

sweet_pea
12-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I think my mom had one of the JC Penney quick-dry towels. It was thinner and not as fluffy as other towels, but it did dry faster.