PDA

View Full Version : SO Scared/nervous-DH in job interview, almost over and have not hear anything : (

SammyeGail
12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
DH is in his 3rd interview for the same job right now, its at corporate, scheduled from 8-12 EST. Its 11:35AM and I haven't heard from him.

I don't know if its a good sign or a bad one. If things didn't work out and he doesn't want to talk, or if he is still in with them. From what the plant manager said at the 2nd interview, DH gathered that they would be doing negotiating at this one, maybe (?), the plant manager wants to hire him, but corporate has to make the final decision. DH had no idea what they were going to do today, except ask alot of the same questions they did at the 2nd interview, you know, check him out. He was so nervous yesterday he was really freaking out!

It didn't help that I got the boys up, all dressed, everything packed to go to pre-school, me dressed, and couldn't find my car keys :shake:. DH usually takes the car, I will drive the Expedition, he took the Exp. to the airport. I don't even remember the last time I drove the car and have no idea where the keys might be, I know I spent 45 min. looking!

Its 11:44 AM now, hope to hear good news from DH soon, this would be such a good move for us. I think I need a nerve pill, lol!

Gena
12-06-2010, 01:04 PM
:hug:

Try not to worry that you haven't heard from him. He's probably still in meetings. I know that it's so hard to wait and wonder.

I hope you hear good news soon!

turtledove
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Good luck!

DietCokeLover
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
It is hard to wait, but try and be patient. Hope to hear good news soon.

AnnieW625
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Just wishing you, and DH lots of good luck!

Melbel
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Sending more P&PT. It is sure is cold in Jax today!

o_mom
12-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't expect to hear from him until he is on his way to the hotel/airport. Also, if the interviews were scheduled until noon, I would expect they might take him out to lunch. That was pretty standard when I was interviewing. Fingers crossed for you!

SammyeGail
12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Sending more P&PT. It is sure is cold in Jax today!

Thanks! Hope DH is warm enough in his suit. Also you were right in your PM, I have been so distracted I forgot to tell you :). Its cold here in Chattanooga, TN too! We had some light snow yesterday, but none stuck.

Thanks everyone for the helpful words, I needed them!

WolfpackMom
12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't expect to hear from him until he is on his way to the hotel/airport. Also, if the interviews were scheduled until noon, I would expect they might take him out to lunch. That was pretty standard when I was interviewing. Fingers crossed for you!

:yeahthat: Try not to freak out yet, it was scheduled until noon and he may end up having it go into lunch if its going really well. Good luck!!

ThreeofUs
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Well? Do update!

SammyeGail
12-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Well? Do update!

LOL, he called a bit ago, I just checked the computer, the boys have kept me busy!

He said they asked him the same questions at the interview as at the plant in Panama City. What would you do in this situation, how would you handle such and such, about audits, etc. DH said he thinks it went fine, very well. They didn't discuss anything else that I know of. He had to go because the plane was boarding.

The headhunter will call them tomorrow and see what they say, DH said hopefully he/we will hear something by the end of the week.

Sigh, I wish I knew more. I know DH is well qualified for the position, and he has never gone to an interview where he was not offered the job. He is also very dedicated to his career/field, I hope they got that impression.

I'm sure I'll be making a huge announcement here in all caps, because I will be screaming with excitement, if he gets this job!!

Thanks A TON for all the supportive replies!

ncat
12-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Hoping you and your husband hear good news!

scrooks
12-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Hope good news comes your way soon!

gatorsmom
12-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Hope he gets the job. I'll say some prayers for you!!

kozachka
12-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your DH.