PDA

View Full Version : Cookies for the Neighbors?

ChefGirl
12-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Well, I'm thinking about baking cookies and have the kids deliver to our neighbors on the block. There are a lot of Jewish families on our street. Do you think it'll be okay to deliver just regular homemade non-koshered cookies? Just curious....

gcc2k
12-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I am not Jewish so I can't say, but I think it's the thought that counts! If someone doesn't want to eat your cookies, they can just say thank you, throw them out, and appreciate the kind gesture. I would certainly love homemade cookies made by a neighbor.

egoldber
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Have you seen them at neighbrohood parties eating? Have they eaten at your home before? Have they invited you into their home and eaten food you brought?

weech
12-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I would go for it - even if they can't eat them, it seems like they would appreciate the gesture. I sure would :)

pinkmomagain
12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I am jewish and not kosher and my family would eat your cookies up in a heartbeat. Go for it (unless they appear to be super religious...ie. orthodox jews).

Ceepa
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
It's thoughtful of you to bring your neighbors cookies and to ask about it here. Go for it.