PDA

View Full Version : Traveling for Christmas: How do you explain Santa?

oliviasmom
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
We will be traveling to Florida this Christmas, and I was wondering how you explain where/when Santa will bring gifts if you are not celebrating Christmas in your own home?

DS is 4 and DD is 6 and many of their gifts are bulky and would cost a fortune to ship to Florida and then back to NJ. Should I bring some smaller gifts (from Mom and Dad) and then explain that when we return home, they will open their gifts from Santa?

Thanks!

crl
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Santa always knows where we are. I would have the bigger things be from you and let them open them early. And I would ship or pack the smaller things and have them there on Christmas morning from Santa.

Catherine

egoldber
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Santa is very good and knows when we are staying in a hotel. There is always some concern that he won't find us, but somehow, he always knows. :)

ezcc
12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
When we were away I did the stockings where we were, and a note saying that their big presents would be waiting at home. I can't remember how I did that- I think I had a friend put them out for me while we were gone.

edurnemk
12-06-2010, 03:31 PM
When I was a kid, I remember one Xmas away from home, my parents explained Santa knew where we were and would bring our gifts there except the big heavy ones, since they had talked to him and asked to leave those at our house for us to open when we got back home. Sure, I was a bit disappointed to have to wait a few more days for them, but no big deal.

fauve01
12-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Last year, Santa arrived the day before we left for Grama's house. along with the loot, he left a letter saying "Sparky the Elf told me you were travelling to your Gram's house, so I thought i would drop off your presents before you left, so you wouldn't have to worry about putting them in your suitcase. Remember to put out your stocking at Grams house and I'll fill that there." DD loved it.

if you don't do the elf on the shelf, Santa could just leave a letter saying he knew you were travelling and he wanted to stop off early.

a + dd 10-03