PDA

View Full Version : Post your kid brags!

crl
12-06-2010, 02:47 PM
I always like reading these so please share!

DS, age 7, changed dd's diaper yesterday! I was busy and told dh and ds that the boys needed to take care of changing the baby's wet diaper. Then I jokingly said I'd pay (it's a running joke with dh and me to offer to pay for chores or back rubs, etc.). DS hopped right up and said he would do it. DH put the baby on the changing pad (we change on the floor) for him and helped pull dd's pants back on her at the end, but ds did the rest by himself! And no leaks from the diaper he put on either. I gave him a dollar. :)

Catherine

LarsMal
12-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow- impressive!!

I asked 5yo L to read a book to C the other day. I was busy making dinner and figured he could just tell her a story that went along with the pictures. He actually read the whole thing to her!!! He impresses me every day with his reading skills.

ETA: I have to add that L also got his first goal at hockey last Friday. He was so excited!! He scored the only goal for his team that day, so it was extra special!

I'm sure I can think of *something* M and C have done...

WolfpackMom
12-06-2010, 02:57 PM
DS signed "more" in the correct context today without me signing it first. He has been signing "all done" and waving for about 3 weeks now. He also has started saying "dadadadadadada" whenever he sees DH (so not shortened to just DaDa but close enough); and finally I keep catching him standing on his own not holding anything but only when I am not looking - as soon as I make eye contact he plops back down.

Nonbrags though - the kid WILL NOT EAT and is making me nutso and his sleeping is still absolutely terrible.

elektra
12-06-2010, 02:58 PM
DS asked me, "how are you?", and I said, "good, how are you?" and he said, "good".
I know this isn't a huge deal, but DD could not do this until she was 2 y.o. or so. He is picking up speech much quicker than she did.

sste
12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
DS, age 3, continues to amuse us with his combination of verbal development and social perceptiveness. I mentioned earlier he is now creating his own rather adorable, compound adjectives, such as "furious-mad."

But, my favorite was in reference to his moody, sometimes very nice and sometimes passive aggressive assistant former teacher in toddler room.

Us: DS, what do you think of Miss T.

DS: She is crocodile-nice.

elektra
12-06-2010, 03:04 PM
DS, age 3, continues to amuse us with his combination of verbal development and social perceptiveness. I mentioned earlier he is now creating his own rather adorable, compound adjectives, such as "furious-mad."

But, my favorite was in reference to his moody, sometimes very nice and sometimes passive aggressive assistant former teacher in toddler room.

Us: DS, what do you think of Miss T.

DS: She is crocodile-nice.

So is that like crocodile tears? Very good!

LarsMal
12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
DS asked me, "how are you?", and I said, "good, how are you?" and he said, "good".
I know this isn't a huge deal, but DD could not do this until she was 2 y.o. or so. He is picking up speech much quicker than she did.

That's amazing! M was a lot like that. C, OTOH, at 19 months, still has one word in her vocabulary- Mama. That's.it...Mama :banghead:

jenmcadams
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
My 8 year old DD sang at a large symphony hall this weekend as part of the Colorado Children's Chorale (a professional children's choir)... this is her first year and she's in one of the training choirs, and she loved it -- I was so proud of her :)

My 5 year old DS loves to read and is doing super well with the customized program his teacher put together for him for language arts and reading. Mostly though, I'm happy at how excited he gets about learning anything new and how much he loves school. He's a sweet, sensitive kid and I'm so glad that he's doing well socially.

Smillow
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Nonbrags though - the kid WILL NOT EAT and is making me nutso and his sleeping is still absolutely terrible.

My DS wouldn't eat until he was almost 1! His sleeping was bad too - {{hugs}}!

ChefGirl
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Sunday morning, I found my 5 y.o. DD trying to help my 2.5 DS stopping his bloody nose. It was so cute. She took the toilet paper and rolled up and tried to stuff it in his nose.... after we all cleaned up, she then read him a book.....

AnnieW625
12-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Kind of silly, but yesterday at Trader Joe's the checker gave DD1 stickers. DD1 counted them all and said she was saving one for her sister. It was cute.

DD1 likes to change diapers too, but still needs assistance.

sste
12-06-2010, 03:17 PM

I think he did mean it like crocodile tears but with nice . . .and maybe also with an unpredictable snap! The thing that was funny is that if you met this woman you would completely agree.

Also, I agree with PP that your DS is way, way ahead. My DS didn't talk period until 2 years old!! Your DD sounds great too.

arivecchi
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Love these. There is something so completely adorable about brotherly love. DS1 was helping DS2 out of his clothes yesterday for bath time. When he was done he said "good job DS2!" He's like a mini 3d parent now. :) Before we put DS2 to bed he then told me that DS2 was really cute but a little bit of a maniac. LOL!

christiedavid3
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
DS is now a bike riding pro, at 3 years old! He zooms around the neighborhood on his 2-wheeler with NO training wheels! He's the talk of the town.

marie
12-06-2010, 03:35 PM
There has been some mean girl behavior going on amongst the 1st grade girls at recess this year and DD1 started telling me about it last month. I started a journal so I could go into the teacher conference ready to give the teacher examples of what is being said/done.

In the meantime, I encouraged DD1 to speak up and go to one of the teachers when something was happening. The day before the conference, I picked DD1 up at school and she said "I talked to 'teacher' today about Girl A & Girl B and what they've been doing and saying. From now on, the teachers are going to check in on us (the bullied) after recess to see how it went."

I am so proud of her for A) not giving in to the bullies' requests "in order to be their friend" and for B) getting help from a teacher.

JTsMom
12-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Zachary said his first word yesterday- mama. The two of us were out shopping, which was really nice b/c we have very little time alone together. He said it, then laughed and laughed. He was SO proud of himself! He kept saying it, then touching my face. :love-retry::love-retry::love-retry:

JoyNChrist
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Avery went with DH's grandpa Saturday to look for the ducks he has in his pond. When they came back I asked him if he saw some.

A - "Yes."
Me - "What color were the ducks?"
A - "There were four white ducks and three brown ducks. That makes seven ducks."

Um...yes. Yes it does. You're three. Stop adding.

crl
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM
These are all awesome! Thanks for the smiles. :)

Catherine

elephantmeg
12-06-2010, 04:33 PM
these are great.

DD is so sweet and empathetic, the teachers of her daycare/preschool says she had taken a new little boy under her wing and drags him around with her. She is also a doting big cousin to baby Jacob (6 wks) our new nephew. She is always wanting to hold/feed him etc. The other day we were all together and DH's grandma was holding him and he was crying. DD walked by, took his passi and stuck it in, lol.

DS is really blossoming recently, I was telling him the other day that he had done nicely waiting for supper and he said "why thank you mom!". He is quite the charactor

♥ms.pacman♥
12-06-2010, 04:43 PM
crl-wow that is awesome.. at 7yo he can change a diaper..i know sooo many grown men that still have no idea!!

DS has been starting to imitate many sounds i make, and even words..in addition to "Mommy" and "daddy" has started to say words like "cracker"...also attempting to say "cheese" and other words

he has been peeing in the potty every morning and after every nap, even pooped the other day on it

oh and for the first time (at least that i saw) he got up to standing on his own (from the floor, without holding on to anything)! and then proceeded to walk a few steps. he's definitely getting better balance with walking

main things DS needs to work on still: not turning every diaper change into a wresting match!!! :dizzy: oh and to stop the food-throwing (and cup-throwing) at mealtimes.

twowhat?
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
My DDs are 27 months old.

DD1 has gotten almost every single poop (all but 2!) in the potty over the past nearly 3 weeks. She will actually ask, we help her on the potty, she poops! And we have NOT done any formal potty-training other than to let them sit on the potty when they want to. She shares her toys really, really well (giving things up to her screaming, crying sister).

DD2 talks like there's no tomorrow. She speaks in complete, grammatically correct sentences and strangers can understand most of what she says. I can easily have a conversation with her. There's no "telegraphic speech" with her - she will say "I'm hungry. I want to eat." and will say to our dogs "No. That's my blanket. Get off of my blanket. I'm going to count to 3. 1-2-3. Get off my blanket. I'm going to count AGAIN. 1-2-3..." She can recite the pledge of allegiance, sing a multitude of songs, and count to 10 in english and spanish (and to 20 in english when she's in the mood).

Both of them are beautiful, sweet children. Who would be even more sweet and beautiful if they could just sleep through the night, both of them, consistently. And stop throwing 1+ hour tantrums.

pinkmomagain
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
My 14yo ran her first half-marathon yesterday!

Nooknookmom
12-06-2010, 05:32 PM
My 14yo ran her first half-marathon yesterday!

Wow! Way to go!!!! That is awesome for a 14yo (I have a 15 yo that moans about running in PE, lol.)!

Nooknookmom
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
My 3.5 yo - loves to draw, so the other day she drew a picture of the church on the corner-complete with front door, doorknob, the correct windows in front AND the stained glass "people" in them.

Then she asked me to "Mail it to God Mom". Anyone have his address??? :)

Oh and to brag on the 15yo, she moved to a new HS, that is situated on a State college campus, it is a really neat progessive teaching school-and she is doing GREAT. She had some bullying issues at her old HS and is very shy, but this school is a wonderful fit for her and she is fitting in nicely!!!!