PDA

View Full Version : Gift for hockey-loving guy?

Krisrich
12-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I have no idea what to get DH for Christmas. Hockey is his biggest passion. But, and this is going to be picky, I really don't want to get him any more hockey apparel (he has plenty), hockey tickets (been there, done that), or those little McFarlane hockey figurines (he probably has more than I know about stashed about). Any other suggestions? Thanks!!

bubbaray
12-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Does he have a rolling hockey bag? What about a graphite stick?

mom2binsd
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I"d check out the nhl.com fan shop for ideas.

If he's got a fav team I'd go with things like License plate surround, beer mug/glasses etc, or a really great piece of art like the classic (if you have a family room/man cave)

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/detail_KD-01__233__crease96danby_htm.html

My little hockey fan is 4 and he's had me all over the internet looking for the jersey's he wants from Santa (no toys just jersey's of specific players in the very hard to find child 4-6), luckily between icejersey's.com and ebay I got them all!

wellyes
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Does he play? Equipment is so expensive and the guys keep it forever and ever, lots of potential upgrades / replacements there.

bnme
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I just bought my 12yo hockey playing/loving nephew a 'Lets go Rangers' flashing stop light room decoration....but I am pretty sure that is no help for your DH...

Id did see a hockey trivis game at Bob's the other day. It is so hard to find hockey themed merchandise. There is a ton of football and baseball but not much hockey.

TwinFoxes
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I got DH a framed painting of the stadium that the Red Wings played in before they started playing in the Joe. He loves it! It was a total surprise to him. :)

If your DH drives something with a trailer hitch, a hitch cover is a good one.

Do you have a dog? You can get a NHL team logo leash and collar.

Has his team won the Cup lately? You can get him a framed photo of the team around the cup.

If he plays, I think the stick/bag idea is a good one. :)

Krisrich
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for all of the idea so far! The funny thing is, while hockey is his favorite sport to watch/follow, he actually plays soccer. I will look into the other suggestions, though. Keep them coming!

zoestargrove
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
this describes my dh completely.

He built a rink in our yard and I'm going to get him a radar gun - so he and the kids can see how fast they can get their slapshot.