PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Mom: what to buy?

amm40
12-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I've been on Amazon Mom since Sept, and with the free extension should be good through this month, but I haven't found anything in the baby shop for my 2.5 year old so my prime benefits will eventually run out. We cloth diaper most of the time, and really like target's up and ups for the occasional sposie. I just searched for wipes, but can get them (huggies natural care) alot cheaper at Sam's club... there's just nothing else I can think of that we need, and that bugs me, especially since it's Christmas and I'm in a buying mood. So what would you suggest?

wellyes
12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
This is listed as a baby item but would be good for a 2.5 year old who's on the verge of learning letters. My daughter has something similar. Good for bouncing, using as a puzzle (the squares and plus, the letters each pop out), and eventually we'll use it for alphabet play.

http://www.amazon.com/Tadpoles-Piece-Sqft-Floor-Brown/dp/B003JFKPWG/ref=pd_ms_ba_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products

secchick
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Some Thomas the Train items show up as "baby" rather than in the Toy section. I got some talking trains and the Brendam Barrel Company, I think.

karstmama
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
any chance you'll need a new carseat or booster in the next few months? anybody you know having a baby & need gift stuff? planning to give to toys for tots or coats for kids?

just some thoughts so you can spend! (i did the new booster.)

michellerw
12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
We like the Happy Baby organic puffs. I buy them by the case. The unit price is way better than the Gerber puffs and they are organic.

I also buy Earth's Best baby food by the flat.

12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
We like the Happy Baby organic puffs. I buy them by the case. The unit price is way better than the Gerber puffs and they are organic.

Love Happy Baby puffs and at least one variety doesn't contain soy, which my DD can't tolerate.

wellyes
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Oh, me too, I mix the carrots into DD's spaghetti sauce and mac-and-cheese.

sweet_pea
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
What about a Skip Hop lunch bag and little backpack? These seem to be listed under "Baby:"

http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Zoo-Lunchies-Bee/dp/B003HS5JM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1291750128&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Pack-Little-Backpack/dp/B003HS5JMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1291750128&sr=1-2

artvandalay
12-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I just bought a carseat on Amazon just to extend my prime, even though I found a better deal on another website. I think I've become addicted to Amazon prime... I don't want to lose it!

BabyH
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Buy a couple of teethers as gifts? We have Sophie and the yellow and blue Chan Pie Gnon's (all from Vulli) and DS seriously loves the blue guy the best. He can get the little nub on Pie's head all the way in the back of his mouth.

Or what about some cloth wipes or a wipe warmer? Kids cold medicine or saline spray?

wellyes
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I just bought a carseat on Amazon just to extend my prime, even though I found a better deal on another website. I think I've become addicted to Amazon prime... I don't want to lose it!Heh, I can see why Amazon offered Amazon Mom! Paying full retail for Prime works out to $7.50/month, we're all pretty silly for thinking up ways to spend three times that to get it for "free" (I'm guilty too).

amm40
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions. That skip hop frog backpack is too darn cute, it jumped in my cart, now I only need a something a little more $ to add...

I think what I'm most annoyed with are things that are priced higher when they are prime eligible. I think we ARE paying for prime.

sail731
12-07-2010, 05:45 PM
What are the ordering requirements for keeping Amazon prime through Amazon mom?

artvandalay
12-07-2010, 05:53 PM
What are the ordering requirements for keeping Amazon prime through Amazon mom?

You have to spend $25 in the baby department in a single order, that gets you one additional free month of prime. Each $25 = 1 month, up to a year's worth of free prime, I believe

sail731
12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the quick response. If I don't spend $25 in the baby section do they just discontinue my prime or do they begin charging me until I cancel?