PDA

View Full Version : Would you give this gift?

MSWR0319
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
My cousin's baby shower is in two weeks. I decided to make a basket full of diapers and other newborn baby essentials. I checked her registry before buying the diapers and the sizes I got (a size 1 and size 2) jumbo pack were both on the registry. So I get the invitation this morning and there is a note requesting only diapers sizes 3 and up. I'm a bit mad about it because it's only two weeks away and while I had planned on going I like to buy gifts early so I wasn't going to wait for special notes and secondly why is it on your registry?? Should I still give them to her? I don't want to go buy more in different sizes but at the same time I don't want them to go to waste if she's not going to use them. Wwyd?

Kymberley
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd still give them and give a receipt if you still have it. I went through so many size 1 and 2 diapers, I honestly could not have guessed how many I would have needed before DS was born. HTH.

amm40
12-07-2010, 11:20 AM
If they are still in the box, give them with a gift receipt. If you've taken them out of their original box to arrange in a basket I think you're stuck with giving them and hoping she can use them. They were on her registry after all, and if you had the store mark them as sold she's expecting someone to give them to her!

MSWR0319
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
That's kinda what I was thinking. They are the smaller package and I've seen photos of the baby's closet on facebook and there are four mega packs which I'm guessing are two for each size. I think the way the note was worded just rubbed me the wrong way.

MSWR0319
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
If they are still in the box, give them with a gift receipt. If you've taken them out of their original box to arrange in a basket I think you're stuck with giving them and hoping she can use them. They were on her registry after all, and if you had the store mark them as sold she's expecting someone to give them to her!

I could always keep them for when we have #2 but I don't want to store them for another couple years. I think I'll just give them to her. You're right, shes expecting them if they're on the registry!