PDA

View Full Version : ISO all weather floor mats/liner for RX330

ChefGirl
12-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm looking for some heavy duty all weather car floor mats/liners for my Dad for xmas gift. He's been picking up our kids after school lately so want to protect his car while our kids are in it. Any suggestions? I looked on Amazon and narrowed down to these Husky Liners but they have no reviews. Just want to see if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

BillK
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
WeatherTech ones?

www.weathertech.com (http://www.weathertech.com)

Same basic idea as Husky but more elegant in design imo. Love my Husky's in my Yukon XL but if I had a higher end SUV I'd probably lean toward the WeatherTechs.

codex57
12-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeek. I'd recommend against those Huskies after reading the reviews.

Lexus already went through the news for runaway cars due to trapped gas pedals from stacked floor mats. The Huskies seem to be universal fit and Lexus/Toyota already had problems with the Lexus/Toyota branded ones that fit.

I wouldn't risk it. I'd go for either the Lexus branded one (if they still exist somewhere cuz I think they got pulled after the recall) or the WeatherTech ones. I never frequented the RX section of Lexus forums, but WeatherTech has a good rep in the GS, IS, and ES sections.

If WeatherTech is too much, I'd go with some other gift rather than get the Husky mats.

ChefGirl
12-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeek. I'd recommend against those Huskies after reading the reviews.

Lexus already went through the news for runaway cars due to trapped gas pedals from stacked floor mats. The Huskies seem to be universal fit and Lexus/Toyota already had problems with the Lexus/Toyota branded ones that fit.

I wouldn't risk it. I'd go for either the Lexus branded one (if they still exist somewhere cuz I think they got pulled after the recall) or the WeatherTech ones. I never frequented the RX section of Lexus forums, but WeatherTech has a good rep in the GS, IS, and ES sections.

If WeatherTech is too much, I'd go with some other gift rather than get the Husky mats.

Wow, thanks for your input. where do I find the Lexus forums? Yeah, the weatherTech ones are expensive and I was looking for the one piece for the second row.....I think they only have the digit type in one piece......I have to check out the Weather TEch ones again.