PDA

View Full Version : When can I expect DD's growth to slow down?

boolady
12-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Any input on when I can expect DD to slow down? DD turned 4 in October, and at her slightly belated 4 y/o well visit two weeks ago, measured 43.5 inches tall and 41 lbs. She was 39.5 inches at her 3 y/o visit, and 37.5 lbs, so grew 4 inches and 3.5 lbs. From 2-3 y/o, she had grown 3 inches and gained 4 lbs.

I don't know why, but I thought this would start slowing down at some point. I'm glad, of course, that she's healthy and growing. I am a big end of season sale shopper, though, and have always been able to judge ahead by 1 year pretty well. I'm wondering if my days of doing that are over.

Canna
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't know, but I can tell you that I've been shocked at how much my always-tall now nearly 6 year-old has grown in the past two years. She's now taller than the 2nd grader next door.

Indianamom2
12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I have an extra-tall girl who is now 6+ yrs. old. Everyone keeps saying that she will slow down, but she hasn't yet. She's almost 51 inches tall and about 49 lbs. She's definitely taller than most of the 2nd graders.

I just think she's going to be tall. Yes, at some point the rate of growth will have to slow, but I don't see any sign of it yet.