PDA

View Full Version : Three Chocolate Treats for $12.71 shipped

danagee
12-07-2010, 01:09 PM
***ETA: Please READ ALL THE REPLY POSTS to this thread, it seems many have had problems with this working as stated below!!

Found this on a blog:

Get a fun Christmas treat for a few folks, or your own chocolate fix from SwissColony.com (http://www.swisscolony.com/home.jsp) right now.

This deal requires a few steps so stick with me:
1. Order the Postage Paid Christmas Mouse (http://www.swisscolony.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1972&categoryId=117&pCategoryId=84&gpCategoryId=4624&productVariantId=1837&prefixCode=AW) (makes the order ship free)
2. Search for and add AG1350 to your cart - 24 Macadamia Nut Chocolates
3. Search for and add AG1316 to your cart – 36 Chocolate Truffles
4. Use code SCAFFL15P – for 15% off.
Total for everything = $12.71 including shipping!!http://www.southernsavers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Screen-shot-2010-12-07-at-11.52.47-AM.png
Go through Ebates (http://www.ebates.com/stores/swisscolony.com.htm?referrerid=3HfxNkEkWWA4g81aiXQ pow%3D%3D) first and get 4% cashback.

elbenn
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Worked for me. Thanks!

lucy94103
12-07-2010, 04:01 PM
It worked! I used fatwallet for 4% cash back. Thanks OP!

mopat11
12-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for posting..."sweet" deal!

Tinochka
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Ordered mine. Thank you!

urquie
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
looks like a great deal!

my total is coming up as $14.95 (the price of the mouse). am i doing something wrong?

GB
12-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks OP!! Make sure you add the coupon code listed in the original post to get the 15% discount.

todzwife
12-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Thank you!!

BabyH
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Oooh, macadamia nut chocolates! Yum! Anyone tried them before?

calv
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
ERRR, WHY CAN'T I get the SCAFFL15P to work?

saying: ease enter a valid promotion code or leave it blank.

JElaineB
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Items in my cart, just wondernig if I should checkout. We don't really need that much chocolate...though I could always bring it to work, hmm...

jenfromnj
12-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks, OP! Worked for me, though I ordered a couple of hours ago.

Items in my cart, just wondernig if I should checkout. We don't really need that much chocolate...though I could always bring it to work, hmm...

I picked up a set just to have some extra gifts on hand, in case I need an extra holiday gift or hostess gift.

calv
12-07-2010, 09:03 PM
so do people submit multiple orders under the same name or create a new one per order?

i'd like to order 2. so do I need one account under my name and place an order and then create a name for DH for my 2nd order?

corrie23
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
so do people submit multiple orders under the same name or create a new one per order?

i'd like to order 2. so do I need one account under my name and place an order and then create a name for DH for my 2nd order?

I didn't try 2 orders, but I imagine that's what you'd have to do unless it's only good for the first order per household (address).

I ordered 1. The mouse will go to our mail carrier (maybe with a Starbuck's GC), and one of the candies will go to DD's Sunday School teacher. Not sure where the final candies will go, but I'm sure they'll find their way to someone.

peggy_morrison
12-07-2010, 09:57 PM
My husband just tried ordering and it shows up as both (macadamia nuts and truffles) for free. When we called to change the shipping address they told us that this only applies to one item for free - either or not both. We told them how it showed up online and were told again, that they would only ship one for free. I am not sure if I should order now and would love to hear from people who have placed and received successfully.

Edensmum
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
It worked for me. I will also add that if you go under specials there are truffles and a cake Etc that are postpaid, if the mouse doesn't float your boat. He's cute though, dd would love him. They are a bit more money too.

kellij
12-07-2010, 10:38 PM
A lot of people on slickdeals had issues with only 1 free thing being actually shipped, but I don't think they were told about it until the day it shipped.

calv
12-07-2010, 10:43 PM
A lot of people on slickdeals had issues with only 1 free thing being actually shipped, but I don't think they were told about it until the day it shipped.

i dont get it. so you really dont get 2 free things? or i should say you dont receive the 3 items for $12?

kellij
12-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't really know. I just looked at the thread over there before placing an order, and I decided not to. It looks like it was hit and miss. I didn't read through all of the pages, but it looks like some people had no problem, but then a lot did. I think some people were going to complain to the BBB because they sort of felt like it was a bait and switch situation. I figure I'll just wait for the after Christmas clearance sale sales and get some good godiva then. :)

urquie
12-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks OP!! Make sure you add the coupon code listed in the original post to get the 15% discount.

thank you - that was my problem!

urquie
12-08-2010, 12:27 AM
ERRR, WHY CAN'T I get the SCAFFL15P to work?

saying: ease enter a valid promotion code or leave it blank.

the first time i added the code it didn't work... it was because i copy and pasted the code and my *copy* included a space at the end of the code. i just deleted the space and it worked.

momofjandl
12-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Just placed an order for 2 truffle sets and 1 mac nut set for a total of $17.81.

I noticed there was the following disclaimer on their site now:

"You are regularly entitled to add one free item to your order on this site. If you have received a special additional offer, you may try to add it to your cart, but if the site does not recognize the offer, it may be rejected. If you still feel that you are entitled to a second free item, please let us know by contacting us through our Q&A/HELP section. In your communication, you must provide us with the number of the second item (example: AD1234) as well as with your eight-digit order number. You will see your order number on the thank you page that is displayed after you submit your order. We will honor any offer mailed to you in our catalogs or in our advertising materials."

The website seemed to take both free items for me so I don't see how they could do a bait and switch with the statement above.

turtledove
12-08-2010, 08:12 PM
For another free gift alternative, type FSI in the search box and you get to choose four mini gifts (great for teacher gifts, or just a little something extra). You would have to remove the macadamia nuts or the truffles though, can't add this as a third free gift.

elbenn
12-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Just got my order confirmation and it says that the free gifts were not a valid combination and they adjusted it. But they don't say how they adjusted it. Anyone else get confirms that say this? What should I do?

JBsmom
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Just got my order confirmation and it says that the free gifts were not a valid combination and they adjusted it. But they don't say how they adjusted it. Anyone else get confirms that say this? What should I do?

They did the same to me. I acutally checked my order last night on their website and emailed them to cancel my order. Then I got a confirmation email this morning and emailed them again to cancel and then CALLED and they said the order is already shipped. They said if I refuse delivery than they will issue a refund when they get it back. I am not really sure how to refuse delivery if the mailman leaves it on my doorstep..... It is still not a bad price for a couple of items (assuming they are tasty), but the principle that after you agree on one order, put in your CC info, they change the order.

pomegranate
12-09-2010, 01:47 PM

I got the same e-mail. I clicked through on the link in the e-mail and it shows that the mouse and the truffles shipped, but that the chocolate-covered macademia nuts "Cannot ship."

mopat11
12-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I got the same email...very disappointed that they would not honor this offer. Also, it took two whole days to even receive an order confirmation...poor customer service from start to finish!

elbenn
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
If they can't fulfill the order, they should give you the option to cancel before it ships.

prego08
12-09-2010, 05:20 PM
SOOOO FRUSTRATING! I also called CS to cancel my order since they canceled the macadamia nuts. They said the items "are already on a refrigerated truck being ready to ship" and can't cancel it. My order status says it's not shipping until 12/14!!! Ugh...and yes the only way to get a refund without paying for return shipping is to refuse shipment, which is really really inconvenient.

I feel they pulled a bait and switch...I ordered one thing, they changed it up, and now they are unable to cancel.

jenrub
12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Had the same thing happened to me. Didn't get an order confirmation email right after I ordered it online. Checked for it for 2 days in my inbox, on their website, and my credit card and nothing. This morning I called CS to find out about my order and was told by a rude CS that it shipped and cannot cancel it since it's a food item. She said I can donate the item I ordered, keep the truffles since they're free (mac nut was the one taken out by them when they processed the order), and send them the donation receipt and they will process and refund the purchase on my credit card which will take weeks. Argued also with the supervisor that I should get what I ordered since their website took it, if not, i didn't want it so she said they're gonna pull the order out from their batch queue for LA dated 12/14; therefore, it won't ship and CC won't be charged. Didn't get an email confirmation for that verbal statement even when I asked for one and they hung up on me right after that statement was said. We'll see how that goes. Worst thing that could happen is get stuck with tasteless chocolates not worth giving to anyone and just shoulder the $12.71 cost. Lesson learned.....priceless!

Sweetum
12-09-2010, 08:47 PM
shoot! just checked - they cancelled my macademia nut ones as well. I've ordered them to come to work. wondering if I can ask shipping here to refuse the shipping...I hope that'll work and not have to deal with sending stuff back and they still charge me for it....anyone have any experience with refusing shipment yet?

turtledove
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, I have to say I had quite a different experience with customer service when I called. I received the invalid combination email too. I was all prepared with my righteous indignation when I called, made worse when the phone number from the email went through the automated system and then said the call volume was too high, call back later, and hung up on me! I found another 800 number on their website and called. I was on hold for maybe 10 seconds and then a sweet CSR named Barbara answered. I always start these calls off nice (more flies with honey thinking). She asked where I got the codes and I told her online. Now, my order was slightly different - I used the FSI code to get 4 mini gifts instead of the free macadamia nuts code. She said that it was strange, that the codes I used weren't correct - I told her what I put in and the website auto filled the codes. She found new codes for me and updated my order. So, I am SUPPOSED to be receiving: Post paid Chris Mouse, Free Chocolate Truffles, Free 3.25oz Chocolate Macadamia nuts, Free 3oz mini toffee, Free 8 mini petit fours, and Free 4 brownies for $12.71. She is supposed to send a confirmation email. If I actually get my order I will be extremely thankful! I have this feeling that her override will be overridden ;) We will see what happens.

todzwife
12-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I just got an email saying that my order was shipped but that the macadamia nuts "could not be shipped" because it wasn't valid. Ugh. I don't want $13 truffles!

jenrub
12-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Had the same thing happened to me. Didn't get an order confirmation email right after I ordered it online. Checked for it for 2 days in my inbox, on their website, and my credit card and nothing. This morning I called CS to find out about my order and was told by a rude CS that it shipped and cannot cancel it since it's a food item. She said I can donate the item I ordered, keep the truffles since they're free (mac nut was the one taken out by them when they processed the order), and send them the donation receipt and they will process and refund the purchase on my credit card which will take weeks. Argued also with the supervisor that I should get what I ordered since their website took it, if not, i didn't want it so she said they're gonna pull the order out from their batch queue for LA dated 12/14; therefore, it won't ship and CC won't be charged. Didn't get an email confirmation for that verbal statement even when I asked for one and they hung up on me right after that statement was said. We'll see how that goes. Worst thing that could happen is get stuck with tasteless chocolates not worth giving to anyone and just shoulder the $12.71 cost. Lesson learned.....priceless!

Got an email that they cancelled my order but my CC was charged so I called my CC company to get credit and will get it within 2 days. Good thing for my CC co'z I hate dealing with the chocolate people!

Sweetum
12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
The stuff arrived on friday - and gift wasn't even the one I'd placed in my cart. cr@p! Is there a way we can report to BBB? I'm not sure where these guys are located.

todzwife
12-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I ordered 12/9 I got a shipping notice on the 12th, but the tracking/DC# says that it wasn't actually printed out until the 16th and there hasn't been any sort of update.

I guess I'll be filing w/ my CC too. Nice.