PDA

View Full Version : Need Xmas School Party Idea HELP

ray7694
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Need an idea for a station to do with 1st graders for our Christmas party. Any easy fun ideas you have? TIA

Indianamom2
12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Could you find foam ginger bread houses to decorate? I would think 1st graders would like that and I bet Michaels and Hobby Lobby might have them?

bnme
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I am doing a cookie decorating station for my 1st graders party. I will bake a snowman sugar cookie for each kid and bring in the decorating stuff. The other stations will be an ornament craft (not sure what, another mom is in charge of that), and a pin the nose on the snowman game. We will also read a winter-themed story and have other snacks. I am thinking of bringing in hot chocolate.

We will have about 8-10 minutes for each station and will read the story to everyone before we serve the snack.

zag95
12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
how about doing a little door hanger that hangs on the doornob? DD and I recently got some at the dollar store to assemble.... but maybe you could have the kids make their own.... they could decorate it as they like, etc.

ray7694
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
bnme: Can you post your sugar cookie recipe. Mine never turn out and I would love to do the cookie decorating.

bnme
12-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Well, that is my one problem right now. I bake a lot of cookies but the only roll out cookies I've done are gingerbread. I tried a sugar cookie recipe the other day and I don't like them/can't get it right. I tried it twice. So today I am trying a Land O'lakes butter cookie recipe and if that doesn't work I am buying the giant tub of Pilsbury dough from BJs for $7.99.

Here's the recipe I am trying today. I'll post my results. http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/2217/best-ever-butter-cookies