PDA

View Full Version : Learning Resource Toys

swrc00
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
The register thread got me searching their products on Amazon. DS's daycare has the cash register, which he loves. Are there any other of their toys you would suggest for a two year old? Small pieces are not really an issue. TIA

jenstring95
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
We really like their play food. It is very sturdy and is life-sized.

Jenny_A
12-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I also highly recommend the play food! We have the blue cookies, the cupcakes, and the chocolate box. Very sturdy and played with daily!

kristac
12-08-2010, 06:58 AM
We love thier playfood as well. Also have thier jumbo pets set. DS1 is getting the Pretend and Play School for Christmas.

Seitvonzu
12-08-2010, 09:32 AM
i bought one of the "cookie jar" games at target on a whim one day ---i was having a baddish day and i'd been eyeing up , very specifically the PINK WAFER COOKIE, so at 30% i just went for it.

we have TONS of playfood (cloth,felt, knit,wood,plastic,allofit) , but i just love these little cookies. 8 different kinds (each kind represents a shape, but they really do look like REAL cookies), and 5 of each- so the value for sharing is excellent!!! (each kid at a playdate can have a bunch...which is important around here). it is also a game-- or several games, really. so far we've mostly just done "make a face" or "make a man" with the cookies...the container the whole thing is SO cute-- looks like a cookie jar! the lid is fun/easy to take off and makes a satisfying "snap" when put back on. my child just picked up a stray cookie and said "this belongs in the cookie jar!" (that only would be worth the 10 dollars to me!)

i see the ice cream and cupcake sets alot, but the colors put me off on those... i guess that's the point? (they are for teaching colors?) this thread reminds me that maybe we should take the cookies up to the kitchen for a while since it's cookie baking season!