PDA

View Full Version : DH is getting the snip snip right now

PAfirsttimemom
12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Although we both feel our family is complete, we don't want more kids, and we're thrilled with the increasing independence of our boys (except the fact that DS2 climbed out of his crib yesterday and this morning!), I can't help but feel a little sad that the babymaking days are over for us--and maybe even a little pensive about the permanence of the whole thing. Are these normal feelings on the day of the big V?

kdeunc
12-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes I think so. I had my tubes tied after DD. I am 40 with 3 kids exhausted, crazy and more than done having children and I still sometimes wonder what if. Then the boys start beating on each other with their sister cheering them on and I remember why I had a tubal! ;)

Best wishes for your DH's quick recovery! :)

carolinamama
12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I can completely understand that feeling. If all goes well with this baby, I am DONE and DH will be getting the snip. I'm sure it will be bittersweet. Hope all goes well for your DH.

Jo..
12-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Normal...we knew we were done, but there's always that twinge of regret and "what if"...

PAfirsttimemom
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Yes I think so. I had my tubes tied after DD. I am 40 with 3 kids exhausted, crazy and more than done having children and I still sometimes wonder what if. Then the boys start beating on each other with their sister cheering them on and I remember why I had a tubal! ;)

Best wishes for your DH's quick recovery! :)

LOL! I feel that way (ready to be done) when my boys are beating on each other, too. :-) DH and I are also over 40 (42 to be exact), so that's another reason we are ready. Although the darn celebrities popping 'em out at 50 help contribute to that twinge of "what if" for the future. ;)

PAfirsttimemom
12-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I can completely understand that feeling. If all goes well with this baby, I am DONE and DH will be getting the snip. I'm sure it will be bittersweet. Hope all goes well for your DH.

Thanks!