PDA

View Full Version : Normal for 2mo to sweat a lot?

KrystalS
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
DS is 2 months old and he sweats a lot. Especially at night. It is definitely not hot in our house. I'm usually freezing because I'm trying to keep him cool by not having heat up high. He sweats through his pjs every night. So much so that I thought his diaper was leaking every night. I have even tried to putting a onesie on him and no pants, he is still sweating.

Is this normal for an infant? My DD is also very hot natured but she never sweat like this at night in the winter. She would get warm in the summer if the AC wasn't low enough.

He also gets really hot in the car seat but I know this is more common since he is in a confined area. He is baking if I keep the car seat cover on in the car. I have to put it on to go to the car and then remove it once he's inside.

daisymommy
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Not to worry you, but I would talk to your pediatrician if he is in just a onesie and no pants, and the heat is way down or off ( so much so that you are cold) and he is still excessively sweating. There are a few medical conditions that can cause that.

boolady
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Not to worry you, but I would talk to your pediatrician if he is in just a onesie and no pants, and the heat is way down or off ( so much so that you are cold) and he is still excessively sweating. There are a few medical conditions that can cause that.

I would talk to the ped. too.

Indianamom2
12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree with the other posters. My ds is a hot-natured kind of guy, especially as a baby, but he would never soak his pj's. That sounds excessive to me. It can't hurt to get him checked out.

Hope he's just a sweaty little dude!

KrystalS
12-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Hope he's just a sweaty little dude!

Thanks everyone! I hope so too! He has his 2mo check-up tomorrow and I plan to ask. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting because I don't want the ped to just dismiss it.