PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Wording help :)

California
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
- deleted -

crispychicky
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
One of us! One of us! <--- in your nicest chanting font

I do like the 2 you already have. Could you put both of them at the bottom?

justlearning
12-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Could you leave out saying anything?

I understand your good intentions but honestly it sounds a little strange IMO to say "honorary member of the family," etc.

My uncle has lived with his partner for 20 years and I've always called her "Aunt." I also always called my other uncle's male partner of 30 years "Uncle."

I guess my point is that we all just treated them as part of the family (exactly as we treated other relatives who were married) without making a big deal about them being an "honorary member" of it.

ETA that if you all joke with him about being an honorary member and being as crazy as the rest of you and he enjoys that joke, then I could see why he would appreciate that being on his t-shirt.

infomama
12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Could you leave out saying anything?

I understand your good intentions but honestly it sounds a little strange IMO to say "honorary member of the family," etc.

I guess my point is that we all just treated them as part of the family (exactly as we treated other relatives who were married) without making a big deal about them being an "honorary member" of it.
:yeahthat:

California
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh, just to be clear-- this is in response to a conversation HE initiated. He is definitely going to love this!!

justlearning
12-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh, just to be clear-- this is in response to a conversation HE initiated. He is definitely going to love this!!

In that case, I would use the wording that he used when talking about it.

California
12-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Hmm... to use his wording. I don't know if I want to put "Lucky Bastard" on a shirt the kids will see :ROTFLMAO:

infocrazy
12-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Hmm... to use his wording. I don't know if I want to put "Lucky Bastard" on a shirt the kids will see :ROTFLMAO:

In that case, I would do "Lucky...Guy"