PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on Kirkland shampoo?

DrSally
12-08-2010, 04:50 PM
I picked up some Kirkland moisturizing shampoo (comes in a big bottle with pump) at Costco today. The label said no parabens or sulfates. Has anyone used this yet? One thing I hate about some shampoos is buildup that makes my hair hard IYKWIM? Sometimes, shampoos that try to give "body" add things that coat the hair and end up making it stiff or hard. I generally prefer just a super basic shampoo with none of these additives (like a clarifying shampoo) and then do all the softening with a conditioner. In any case, what do you all think of the Kirkland shampoo??

codex57
12-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Come in a white bottle?

Thought it was fine. Like regular shampoo. Lathered, and not excessively. Certainly much better than, say, Suave.

daisymommy
12-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I remember looking into it awhile back, and finding out it's made by one of the big names out there; I forget which one. I want to say maybe Matrix Biolage. But many blogs and reviews all said they loved it as well as their pricier salon shampoos. I personally haven't tried it yet.

boolady
12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I remember looking into it awhile back, and finding out it's made by one of the big names out there; I forget which one. I want to say maybe Matrix Biolage.
Hmm. This would be good news! I'll have to check it out.

AnnieW625
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I remember looking into it awhile back, and finding out it's made by one of the big names out there; I forget which one. I want to say maybe Matrix Biolage. But many blogs and reviews all said they loved it as well as their pricier salon shampoos. I personally haven't tried it yet.

I am pretty sure it's made by Matrix. It works just as well.

cindys
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I like the shampoo HATE the conditioner.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 2 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

ohiomom1121
12-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I have curly hair and it doesn't work great for me...less curls more frizz. I did try it when I straightened my hair and it looked full and soft though. DD has long wavy hair and it works wonders for her. So much less tangly than it usually is. We use the shampoo and conditioner. I went back to my old shampoo but we are sticking with it for her.

DrSally
12-08-2010, 05:40 PM
It comes in a grayish bottle with black pump (it may have been different in the past). Thanks for the info on the maker. I knew it had to be a higher end manufacturer. The price is great--around $9, I think. I didn't pick up the conditioner b/c I'm picker on that and prefer Dove/pantene. Cindy, what didn't you like about the conditioner? I need something super strong for my thick/coarse hair, but those with finer hair don't like heavier conditioners at all.

DrSally
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I have curly hair and it doesn't work great for me...less curls more frizz. I did try it when I straightened my hair and it looked full and soft though. DD has long wavy hair and it works wonders for her. So much less tangly than it usually is. We use the shampoo and conditioner. I went back to my old shampoo but we are sticking with it for her.

Hmmm, so it sounds like it has some conditioners in it? But apparently not enough for your curly hair? I have long wavy/coarse hair. I guess I can always try it and see how it goes. Eventhough they take opened stuff back, I would never take an opened shampoo back.

kms00
12-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I have been using the shampoo and conditioner. I like the new version much better than the last ones they had. I have shoulder length, fine hair. It makes my hair very soft. I hardly have to use any product in it now. My husband also likes it and said it doesn't seem to make his scalp dry and itchy like other shampoos. Hope it works, it is a great price.

DrSally
12-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I have been using the shampoo and conditioner. I like the new version much better than the last ones they had. I have shoulder length, fine hair. It makes my hair very soft. I hardly have to use any product in it now. My husband also likes it and said it doesn't seem to make his scalp dry and itchy like other shampoos. Hope it works, it is a great price.

:thumbsup: I've had some dry, itchy scalp this winter for some reason.

cindys
12-08-2010, 07:55 PM
I have long thick straight hair...I like a conditioner that after I use it I can glide a comb thru it..This conditioner left me having to pull a comb thru my hair...it made me feel like my hair had tons of tangles....

And my hair never felt soft after using it, I always felt like I had just washed my hair with soap.

Cindy

bluestarfish18
12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I like the shampoo HATE the conditioner.

Cindy

:yeahthat:

Greasy as heck, yet doesn't do squat in the conditioning department.

DrSally
12-08-2010, 09:31 PM
I have long thick straight hair...I like a conditioner that after I use it I can glide a comb thru it..This conditioner left me having to pull a comb thru my hair...it made me feel like my hair had tons of tangles....

And my hair never felt soft after using it, I always felt like I had just washed my hair with soap.

Cindy

Interesting! I hate that feeling after using a bad conditioner (or one not meant for thick hair). I'm glad I didn't get the conditioner.

mikala
12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I have the huge jug in my shower right now and am meh about it. It was fine the first week or two but now it seems to make my straight, fine hair look greasy faster. At first I thought I wasn't rinsing enough but even with extra rinse time it still seems to leave a residue. It isn't bad for the price and would probably be fine as a shampoo for people without fine/oily hair but I won't be buying it again.

ETA: The above comments are about the shampoo. I haven't tried the conditioner.

maybeebaby08
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I have the huge jug in my shower right now and am meh about it. It was fine the first week or two but now it seems to make my straight, fine hair look greasy faster. At first I thought I wasn't rinsing enough but even with extra rinse time it still seems to leave a residue. It isn't bad for the price and would probably be fine as a shampoo for people without fine/oily hair but I won't be buying it again.
:yeahthat:

I was using Dove before and could easily go every other day without washing my hair, but with the Kirkland I have to wash it every day or it looks horrible.
DH has super thick course curly hair and he likes it.

DrSally
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Hmmm, so it does leave a bit of a residue?

kms00
12-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't notice any residue. I tend to wash every other day. I find that the less I use styling products, the longer I can tolerate not washing it. I am not sure if everyone has tried the newer conditioner or is remembering the older one. I hated the older one too, made my hair feel very yucky. I think the new one is much nicer and I have no tangles when I use it.

daniele_ut
12-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't notice any residue. I tend to wash every other day. I find that the less I use styling products, the longer I can tolerate not washing it. I am not sure if everyone has tried the newer conditioner or is remembering the older one. I hated the older one too, made my hair feel very yucky. I think the new one is much nicer and I have no tangles when I use it.

:yeahthat: I'm using the shampoo and conditioner right now on my fine hair and they seem to be working well. DD has fine, tangle-prone hair as well. I was using CA Baby on her until it just left her hair a tangled mess, especially the second day. The Kirkland seems to be working much better, with fewer tangles and flyaways.

DrSally
12-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I used the shampoo for the first time and noticed that it lathers a lot compared to the treseme that I usually get. So, next time, I'll use *a lot* less. On this first go around, my hair seems a little "flatter', so we'll see if there ends up being any residue build up. I suppose I can always alternate with my Treseme clarifying shampoo.

sewarsh
12-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I hate it now (the newer versino) adn I like BOTH sh and cond.