PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Rack

racerl1
12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Since many of you are having problems with Totsy, I thought I would warn you about another bargain website, Beyond the Rack. I ordered a shirt for my son in August and received a confirmation. In September, I had heard nothing about my order, so I emailed customer service regarding my order status. BTR replied that my order was backordered because the supplier was taking longer than expected to ship to BTR. Last week, I remembered my order and emailed them again. I received this update:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BTR. Your order was cancelled due to lack of stock from the supplier. Your payment method has been refunded (the transfer of funds may take up to 5-7 business days). Unfortunately, there is no way for us to predetermine if a supplier will short ship us on the inventory we were promised. Therefore, occasionally, we do find out that certain orders cannot be shipped.

I can assure you that this is not routine for us. Unfortunately, we did need to cancel your order and issue you a refund for such an error.

Thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, I did not receive my refund until after I received this update, almost 4 months later. I did receive my refund, but their lack of communication was terrible. I should have heard months ago that there was a problem and that my order was cancelled. I wonder if I would have received any refund if I had not contacted customer service again.

I will not order from them again.