PDA

View Full Version : lower pelvic pain

glbb35
12-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I am not new to the whole getting pregnant thing for sure but I am a little nervous and freaked out that I am having so much lower abdominal pain. It comes and goes. It woke me up last night and I had to take an Advil since it would not go away and seemed to be getting worse. It is strong right now but this is the first I have felt it all day. DH thinks I am over-thinking this. Maybe I am. After multiple miscarriages I am just always a mess until I get close to 16 weeks. I worry so much. I don't want to wish the time away since we are in the holidays and it is great time of year. Just wish I had a crystal ball I guess. Who doesn't?

Any suggestions on non--medicine things I can take to help?Weirdly or maybe this again is my mind taking over, a cherry sprite from Sonic I swear makes me feel better :)

am I loosing it????

B

littlebird
12-09-2010, 12:15 AM
First of all, :hug: to you, and I don't think you're losing it. I think you should definitely listen to your body. How many weeks pregnant are you?

Last summer, I had a lot of abdominal pain that came and went and was more severe at times than others. It also kept me awake at night. I hadn't bothered to take a HPT, even though I had some pregnancy symptoms and was TTC, because I'd continued to have what I thought was AF. I called my Dr. office early one morning, after the pain had kept me awake most of the night. I had a positive pregnancy test at my Dr. office. He called my OB directly; I had a sonogram done and was in surgery 3 hours later for an ectopic pregnancy. I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. I don't want to scare you, just wanted to share my own experience with abdominal pain and encourage you to call your OB, or go to the ER if it worsens.

I'm sorry, but I don't have nonmedicinal suggestions for you...I wish I did! I really hope that your pain disappears. Keep us posted!

Kitten007
12-09-2010, 02:09 AM
PP gave you very good advice. The only time I had bad cramping (which started as slight painful cramping as I got up and down and moved to constant painful cramps) was when I had an ectopic pregnancy. I would call your OB just to get checked and give yourself some peace of mind if it turns out to be nothing. I pray it's not an ectopic, but if it is, you need to be seen ASAP. My OB (switched after this event) said everything looked fine and he totally missed that the baby was in my tubes. Needless to say I was rushed to the ER with emergency surgery and they told me afterwards that I almost died. So trying not to scare you, but please call.

Sending some P&PT that it is nothing and you and baby will be fine.

glbb35
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thank you both for your posts. Can I ask: Did you have constant pain? My pain hasn't been constant. Not at all like when I had an ovarian cyst rupture years ago but when the pain does come on, it does hurt. I haven't had any today and besides being very nauseous and a sprite the only thing I can hold down right now I feel alright. I will definitely keep an eye on my symptoms and if the pain does worsen than I will go to the doctors. I am 6 1/2 weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts and reply.

B

littlebird
12-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I remember the pain sort of coming in waves. It felt like bad cramping at first and then increased in intensity and frequency so much so that I couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did (this was in the middle of the night). Besides labor, it was the worst pain I've ever felt. The next morning, the intensity gradually started to decrease and by the time I went to the Dr. I thought that it was manageable, even though when it happened, it was still uncomfortable. However, when my Dr. pressed on my abdomen, it brought me to tears. I also had an ovarian cyst rupture due to the ectopic pregnancy. So, my experience with pain may have been a bit different.

I'm so glad you haven't had any pain today! Nausea is no fun though. I hope that gets better too!

Kitten007
12-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes the pain came in waves when I was more active and finally started bleeding when I went to the doc. I was about 6-7 weeks along when it happened. Could you possibly be cramping from dehydration? If you have been very sick maybe your body is just tired and sore. (Just throwing ideas out there. Definitely not a doc here.) Sounds like today was a better day pain wise so definitely cheering for you and baby to be okay! :cheerleader1:

nbarrett78
01-26-2011, 09:34 PM
I can't help you with the pain. I was lucky enough not to experience it, but wanted to remind you... no pain relievers except Tylenol. No ibuprofen or Advil.
I hope everything turns out great for and you have only the normal tortures for the rest of your pregnancy. :)