PDA

View Full Version : Radian XTSL latch coming loose

stillplayswithbarbies
12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
We have a Radian XTSL rear facing in a 2004 Toyota Sienna in the captain chair on the passenger side. I noticed the other day that the LATCH was completely loose to the point I could pull it out and move it around. The top of the seat is braced against/under the headrest of the front seat, so I didn't notice the seat was loose I test it fairly often when putting her in or out but it didn't even jiggle since it is braced.

What could be causing this? I've never had a LATCH loosen like this on a Britax or our previous Radian, but we only had the old Radian forward facing.

Do I have a defective LATCH strap?

By the way, is there any way to get the Radian to be more upright when rear-facing so it doesn't take up so much space? I'd like to be able to recline my front seat at least a little especially on long trips.

christiedavid3
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Please go over to car-sear.org as there is a lengthy thread about this issue. It has been reported to the NHSB and Sunshine Kids. This is a real problem!

mom2binsd
12-09-2010, 04:48 AM
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=148783&highlight=Radian+strap+loosening

There are a number of threads but this is probably a good start.

Joolsplus2
12-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Yup, mega pain in the bum design flaw with the SuperLatch :(
I'd call Sunshine Kids, and if there's a link to report the problem on that other thread to NHTSA, do that.