PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movies in Preparation for WDW Trip?

sste
12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
So, we usually only let our three year old watch short cartoons but I am willing to bend that for Disney 2011 Preparation. I know he has seen Winnie the pooh and maybe (??) a little Mickey.

What cartoons or movies would you suggest viewing in advance? I think he is really weak on the Mickey/Goofy/Pluto. Any ideas? Any other characters/movies he should see?

I am not aiming for a total Disney education down to the last princess but I want him to be excited at the parks and character meals to see certain characters rather than thinking "who is this chump with the black mouse ears"!

TwinFoxes
12-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! (Not to be confused with the old Mickey Mouse Club tv series). It comes on every day on the Disney Channel. The girls love it. I like it because each episodes deals with math, and figuring out problems. And the songs are relatively un-annoying (the theme is by They Might Be Giants). It stars the classic Disney "friends": Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. I've got 70 episodes on tivo. You can also view them on the Disney website. There are a couple of hour long Clubhouse movies in addition to the TV series.

There's also a Winnie the Pooh series, but I haven't seen it yet.

bnme
12-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas is a favorite here. You may want to look for one of the sing-along DVDs for a variety of characters.

egoldber
12-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I agree that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is the best overall introduction.

Other characters he is likely to see....

Winnie the Pooh and friends
Little Einsteins
Handy Manny

I would just tape some episodes and let him watch those.

I adore the old Winnie the Pooh movie though and I think he should watch it just because it's a classic. ;) It's also the closest to the actual books by A.A. Milne.

hillview
12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I agree that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is the best overall introduction.

Other characters he is likely to see....

Winnie the Pooh and friends
Little Einsteins
Handy Manny

I would just tape some episodes and let him watch those.

:yeahthat:

fivi2
12-09-2010, 07:37 PM
On our first trip, my girls had only seen MM Clubhouse and Winnie the Pooh - it was great. We did Crystal Palace and Tusker House and then we didn't have to wait in line for any other characters since we had met their faves already!

Mine also loved the characters they didn't know. Or they started recognizing them just from signs and such. I don't think knowing all the characters is a big deal for the little ones!

mousemom
12-10-2010, 02:09 AM
We've been showing DS the Disneyland Fun Sing Along DVD in preparation for our upcoming trip. It's a little dated and it's Disneyland instead of WDW, but it's a cute DVD with all the main characters and DS loves it. It was recommended on another site because the characters are people in costume and they interact with kids, so it gives little ones an idea of how big the costumed characters are in person. Here it is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Songs-Disneyland-Fun/dp/B0009X75W4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291961145&sr=8-2

sste
12-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks everyone.

I actually made DH get rid of the cable because I was becoming a sports widow! But, we were able to get Disney clubhouse last night online and watch it on my imac. I am also going to get the original pooh movie - - I love the original books and we read those to DS and he loves them too!

And I love the costume character movie idea . . . off to amazon!

egoldber
12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Oh, the other one that is huge now is Toy Story. So I would at least Netflix the first one.

klwa
12-13-2010, 02:54 PM
We've been showing DS the Disneyland Fun Sing Along DVD in preparation for our upcoming trip. It's a little dated and it's Disneyland instead of WDW, but it's a cute DVD with all the main characters and DS loves it. It was recommended on another site because the characters are people in costume and they interact with kids, so it gives little ones an idea of how big the costumed characters are in person. Here it is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Songs-Disneyland-Fun/dp/B0009X75W4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291961145&sr=8-2

Yep! This one! (There are several in the series, including Beach Party Fun, which is taped at WDW & another Camping one at WDW.)