PDA

View Full Version : SPORTS AUTHORITY F&F - Strider NOT EXCLUDED!

Melbel
12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I finally got a deal on DD2's balance bike.

Strider is not included in the F&F fine print exclusions. Nonetheless, it would not accept the code online, so I called CS and they agreed that Strider was not excluded. I placed the order linking through Fat Wallet for 6% CB and then SA credited back my account 25%. Shipping was about $8.

Net Price with CB was about $77. :boogie:

Details re. F&F sale:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2462062

To contact Customer Service Department by phone call 1.888.801.9164.

Online coupon code "SAFFDEC" for 25% off a Single Item valid now through Dec 14, 2010

logan's mom
12-09-2010, 10:23 AM
My CS rep said it falls under the "exercise bikes" exclusions. I guess I will be calling back in a little while to try another rep. I don't think there is anyway the Strider is an exercise bike!

logan's mom
12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Called back...got a different rep. She said that Strider is always excluded from their promotions even if it is not listed. :irked:

Maybe Amazon will drop the price this week....

WatchingThemGrow
12-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Called back...got a different rep. She said that Strider is always excluded from their promotions even if it is not listed. :irked:

Maybe Amazon will drop the price this week....
I'm sorry, but I love that you called back to try with a 2nd SA. What a good BBBer! :thumbsup:

Melbel
12-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I called and verified that I did get the $25 credit. IMO, they cannot exclude brands that were not enumerated, especially when they do list other brands (Wii, Northface, UGG, etc.). I would call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. HTH!

MeISOE
12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
So are you ordering by phone or do you place an order and then call for the credit? I really want to do this today because I've been waiting to pull the trigger. Thanks!

Nevermind. I ordered, then called and the customer service rep I spoke with really tried to help but he said the whole system was locked down and he couldn't even get to the screen. I think I believe him, but man am I disappointed. I ended up cancelling my order. I tried that for dramatic effect and they just cancelled it.

Melbel
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
So are you ordering by phone or do you place an order and then call for the credit? I really want to do this today because I've been waiting to pull the trigger. Thanks!

I called before placing the order, but placed the order while on was on the phone with the CS rep once they approved the discount. I preferred to order online vs. over the phone to be able to get cash back from Fat Wallet to help cover the shipping charge.

logan's mom
12-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Called back a 3rd time...got a very nice man who agreed with me and was going to push the coupon through...and then we got disconnected. : (

Called a 4th time...got a rude women who said if the coupon doesn't work than obviously it's excluded. Asked to speak to her super. He said he agreed with me and didn't see where it was excluded. He gave me a CS code to take 25% off. Brought my total down to ~$83 and I am getting 10% cashback from Discover!!! :cheerleader1:

Melbel
12-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Called back a 3rd time...got a very nice man who agreed with me and was going to push the coupon through...and then we got disconnected. : (

Called a 4th time...got a rude women who said if the coupon doesn't work than obviously it's excluded. Asked to speak to her super. He said he agreed with me and didn't see where it was excluded. He gave me a CS code to take 25% off. Brought my total down to ~$83 and I am getting 10% cashback from Discover!!! :cheerleader1:

Yay! I am so happy someone else was able to get the deal too!

MeISOE
12-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm still having no luck - and, to top it all off, they haven't processed the cancellation of my order I did place and call about immediately after. I've called back twice this evening in hopes I'd have better luck and the first person was very helpful and I was optimistic but in the end he said the clause that says other exclusions may apply did. I just called to check on the cancellation and this rep, although very nice, said that there was a chance I could end up with the bike anyway on my doorstep. He said they could credit me the free shipping but that was it.