PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo Cameleon using seat seperately

pampers37
12-09-2010, 11:47 AM
what advantage truly is this? looking at the diff bugaboo models.. and this seems to be a selling point to the cam.. however not sure what uses this has seperately...

please let me know! thanks!

roseyloxs
12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I have no idea. I remember reading about baby jogger making a high chair that you can snap their city select seats into. Have never heard of any uses of the bugaboo seats though.

WatchingThemGrow
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
We used it several times as a sit-on-the floor type highchair. It's a great place to put a baby who is not yet sitting independently when you're visiting someone who does not have baby stuff. We also have used it for the spoon-feeding stage when out and about - picnicking or visiting. We actually let them sit in it when they're eating cut up food out of their Bjorn bib. Like a booster seat with a tray, just that it is already in the car, and the bib becomes the tray.

edurnemk
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I've used the Vista's seat in such a way ONCE. At a 4th of july picnic. It was useful for putting DS in it, as we were sitting on the grass watching the fireworks and it was too hot to be holding him and I wanted him contained.

So even though the Vista doesn't advertise it, it's possible to do the same thing. Not that it's that useful, IMO. Just gives you the option of containing the baby at floor level.

Here's a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/edurnemk/sets/72157625563955816/) (he's trying to take the bug shield off :ROTFLMAO:)

babychi
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
I've used the Vista's seat in such a way ONCE. At a 4th of july picnic. It was useful for putting DS in it, as we were sitting on the grass watching the fireworks and it was too hot to be holding him and I wanted him contained.

So even though the Vista doesn't advertise it, it's possible to do the same thing. Not that it's that useful, IMO. Just gives you the option of containing the baby at floor level.

Here's a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/edurnemk/sets/72157625563955816/) (he's trying to take the bug shield off :ROTFLMAO:)

How cool! I've never thought about using the Vista seat that way.

edurnemk
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
How cool! I've never thought about using the Vista seat that way.

Neither did I until that moment, it just dawned on me that the seats are so similar that I could try it, and it worked! We parked the stroller a few yards away as to not obstruct the view of the people around us but DS kept wanting to dart off, it turned out to be a great solution for that scenario.

jacksmoma
12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
i did that one time with my frog- it's pretty useless, i would never use my stroller as a high chair, maybe my kids are oddly dirty when they eat??!! my son was maybe 3 months old when i did that...

kaharris83
12-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I've done it with my Frog a few times. DS usually falls asleep on our afternoon walk and instead of hauling the entire stroller inside I just bring the seat in and set it on the floor.

nmstrong
12-12-2010, 01:39 AM
ya, I used it that same way once. We were camping and my lo was like 9 months and he fell asleep in the stroller. I wanted to take a nap too so just picked up the seat and placed it inside the tent trailer and dozed off on the couch next to him................didn't want to risk him waking up and me not getting me nap!! worked like a charm.

purpelina
12-12-2010, 01:21 PM
That's cool! So here we go - another benefit of bug's detachable seat!

I know mutsy has a "babysitter frame", you can place stroller seat on it and use it at home like a mix of bouncer / high chair / place to keep the baby when you'r busy.
But this is even better because you don't need any extras to buy, to store, and to bring with you when you are visiting someone.

I think it's a neat feature one should keep in mind.