PDA

View Full Version : n/m - FOUND IT! Deals on Snuggies for kids?

Green_Tea
12-09-2010, 01:51 PM
DD wants Santa to bring her a Snuggie (which I think are equal parts hideous and brilliant, but hey, I'm not 7.) I know BBB carries them and I could use a 20% off coupon, but the one closest to us doesn't have it in pink which is what she wants.

Anyone see any online deals/free shipping?

Update: Just re-visited Amazon (which did NOT have them for less than $15 last time I checked) and got a pink one for $12.25. Not a steal, but it saves me the trouble of schlepping.)

oneontheway
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I think Five and Below is selling them for $5 starting Saturday.

Green_Tea
12-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Five and Below is selling them for $5 starting Saturday.

Is that a B&M store? Not sure we have one nearby... But that's a smokin' deal!

mariza
12-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I got DD & DS some soft fleece snuggie-type blankets at BJ's for $10. DD's is purple w/butterflies embroidered and DS' is green w/ dinosaurs. Really soft & cute.
Also, if you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you they have kids ones for $2.99, but I think the selection is hit or miss there.

ohiomom1121
12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Is that a B&M store? Not sure we have one nearby... But that's a smokin' deal!
They are generic and the fabric felt really cheap though...I went there to get them and decided to get real ones or make them.

BeachBum
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
DH and I wore snuggies for a last minute halloween costumes 2 years ago. ha ha
Well now I find myself wearing mine at least 2x a week to watch tv. So my $.02 is don't knock the snuggie. ;)

mariza
12-09-2010, 02:09 PM
They are generic and the fabric felt really cheap though...I went there to get them and decided to get real ones or make them.

I find the "Real" one's to also feel generic and cheap but I love the fleece one I got the kids from BJ's. I got my own "snuggie" from the Christmas Tree Shop and it does feel thin, but it keeps me warm when I'm on the couch typing on the laptop. That is where DD got the idea she wanted her own, she kept trying to steal mine :love-retry:

ohiomom1121
12-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I find the "Real" one's to also feel generic and cheap but I love the fleece one I got the kids from BJ's. I got my own "snuggie" from the Christmas Tree Shop and it does feel thin, but it keeps me warm when I'm on the couch typing on the laptop. That is where DD got the idea she wanted her own, she kept trying to steal mine :love-retry:
DH and I have real ones too (from the CAVS snuggie night!) and the 5 Below ones felt much cheaper! I wish I was a member of BJs to get nicer ones...that's why I was thinking of making them. I read on this board last year that someone has their kids use them in the car over their carseats and that's what I wanted them for. My kids always take their coats off in the car and I want one that will keep them warm.

rlu
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
DH and I have real ones too (from the CAVS snuggie night!) and the 5 Below ones felt much cheaper! I wish I was a member of BJs to get nicer ones...that's why I was thinking of making them. I read on this board last year that someone has their kids use them in the car over their carseats and that's what I wanted them for. My kids always take their coats off in the car and I want one that will keep them warm.

We use our "official snuggie", full size, in the car for DS in his carseat. (Although he graduated to booster it is still nice to go over the seatbelt instead of under). It is about the same weight as an airline blanket (if you all are old enough to remember those!)