PDA

View Full Version : BOB love

poohbear
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I hate to say it (and I know it comes at Arivecchi's dismay) but I have become one of those BOB lovers... I never really understood what all the hype was about, but I get it now. BOB revolution rocks! The push and steering are AMAZING. And the canopy is awesome. I feel like I might like a bumper bar, but since DS doesn't mind, I can get over it. It has a decent basket, a nice brake and I like the sturdy feel of the handlebar. It is awesome on our badly maintained sidewalks and in the snow. I can't help it, I :heartbeat: my BOB.... (I wish it was a little prettier like the MB, but I do like it's distinctive tough looks).
That's all.

Perhaps one day I'll need a double and get an MB Duo, but until then...

babychi
12-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I used to have a BOB and sold it, now I'm itching to get another one since DD is older. IMO you cannot beat the steering and push of a BOB. Another Revo fan here too! :heartbeat:

AnnieW625
12-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I was the same way, I didn't get a Bob with DD1 because I thought I am never going to need a $300+ Ironman jogger. I was perfectly happy with my non rotating single jogger (Dreamer Design), and thought oh I'll just get a Bob Ironman Duallie, and well boy am I have the Revolution. It pushes even with 55lbs or so in the seats (when both girls are in it) as easy as the single did. I even sold my single and have used the Duallie as a single jogger, and sure I get questions as to where my other child is, but I love the Bob A LOT. I will treasure the next year or two when I get to use it, and then guess what? I'll sell it and most likely get a Rev. single!:)

larig
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I seriously love my bob so much I've considered buying this
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=bob+revolution+accessories&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13834021212872539664&ei=mDcBTZTlHYu4sQPZs8C6Ag&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEMQ8gIwAg#
for when DS is done riding, so I can walk to the grocery store with it. (I may just walk to the grocery store as it is with no kid in it anyway).

YouAreTheFocus
12-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Yay, I'm glad to hear that you are so happy with it! Go BOB!

jacksmoma
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
i LOVE LOVE LOVE my bob a lot- tried to get rid of it THREE (yes three!) times and i always come crawling back to my bob...my duallie pushes like air with over 50 lbs of kids and their stuff and just GLIDES over bumps like they aren't there. does not even compare to the other all terrian doubles i've had (indie twin, bjcmd, bjccd, bjced..) i like the look of bobs now (at least clean ones!)..they look super sporty and i like it! wish the recline clips were different (so annoying but we only recline seats like once a month!) and that it was not fabric in the feet area (seriously does bob have kids with oddly clean shoes??) but the push/weight/looks make up for those shortcomings...once you go bob you never go back!

pampers37
12-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Do you know the difference between the swift and the urban? Or better yet what is your preference?

roseyloxs
12-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Do you know the difference between the swift and the urban? Or better yet what is your preference?

The swift and urban are mountain buggy strollers not BOB.

The swift is smaller then the urban.
Swift is 23" wide, 38" long, 21 lbs, 10" air filled wheels, no shocks
Urban is 25" wide, 47" long, 24 lbs, 12" air filled wheels, shocks

scriptkitten
12-09-2010, 11:26 PM
My P&T Vibe is on its way to P&T for some repair work and so I had to use my Duallie on the train today to take the kids to school. I had always assumed that it would be a bad idea to take the Duallie on the train. I'd done it once before on a BUSY saturday in the downtown area and I'm pretty sure there were casualties.

However, this was a reverse commute out of downtown at 8:30am and the trains aren't busy in that direction at that time.

It was easy peasy. Its amazing how much easier it is to maneuver a wide Duallie as opposed to an inline, which really is not a bad push either (most of the time). Of course I had no trouble with turnstiles and train doors and elevators. Everything is set up to meet ADA requirements and the BOB is narrow enough to glide through.

From now on, I'm taking the BOB to pre-school, which will make the kids sad because they LOVE the Vibe.

Too bad I can't fit the BOB on a bus!

pampers37
12-10-2010, 08:51 AM
hah whoops. replied to the wrong thread on my phone :( thanks for the info at least! heh

The swift and urban are mountain buggy strollers not BOB.

The swift is smaller then the urban.
Swift is 23" wide, 38" long, 21 lbs, 10" air filled wheels, no shocks
Urban is 25" wide, 47" long, 24 lbs, 12" air filled wheels, shocks

legaleagle
12-10-2010, 09:26 AM
That cargo conversion kit is the coolest stroller accesory ever!

puja77
12-12-2010, 10:51 PM
so i am thinking of buying a bob ironman from a coworker (she has only used it once), but i want to make sure that it was put together correctly. does anyone know if i can bring it to a store (i.e. buybuybaby) and they can check it out? just wondering. i would love to save money on an awesome stroller this way, but i do want to make sure everything was installed properly. thanks!

poohbear
01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
I had to resurrect this thread, because last night I took out the BOB even though it was cold and icy. I acquired a warm fuzzy, which by the way is awesome (in anticipation of my 7am enfant pookie poncho arriving from gilt), and just threw a blanket over DS. I tried to put the weather shield on, but he is currently not liking that.... I am constantly fascinated by the push of the BOB. Sometimes I think it is actually self-propelled. And it was far more surefooted on ice and through snow than I was...

So I am going to add to the frankenstroller thread, but as a PSA, since BOBs are on sale, I must say, to anyone on the fence, you should buy one. THey're awesome. Yeah, the recline mechanism requires and advanced degree, and it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to adjust the harness to accommodate the warm fuzzy and DS's puffy coat, but.... for $300, I don't think you can find a better AT stroller. NEW that is (arivecchi!)

arivecchi
01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
I must say I am a large wheel convert myself. The 16 inch rear tires in the MB Terrain are awesome! Sure, they make the stroller larger, but what a ride! I get why people love Bobs. Super nice push!

Nechums
01-31-2011, 04:32 PM
I am a BOB convert and DH agreed it was one of the best purchases I've made thus far. With all the snow we've been getting here in the Northeast, it was easier to take my BOB out to the local grocery store than dig out the car!

pampers37
01-31-2011, 06:37 PM
poohbear, are you ready to take bob out in the "snowsqualls" we're getting here in the next 12-24 hours?!?

meggswife
02-03-2011, 02:39 AM
I seriously love my bob so much I've considered buying this
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=bob+revolution+accessories&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13834021212872539664&ei=mDcBTZTlHYu4sQPZs8C6Ag&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEMQ8gIwAg#
for when DS is done riding, so I can walk to the grocery store with it. (I may just walk to the grocery store as it is with no kid in it anyway).

Now THAT is cool! :thumbsup: