PDA

View Full Version : Do you think DS would enjoy DisneyWorld?

MSWR0319
12-09-2010, 10:19 PM
DS was 2 in October and we are thinking about taking him to Disney sometime in the next year. My mom keeps insisting that he's too young and won't enjoy it until he's 4 or 5. FWIW, she's never been there and either have I so I really am not sure what all there is for him to do. DH and I aren't ride people so we won't be heartbroken that he's too little for rides and we were only going to go to MK and maybe Animal Kingdom. Are we crazy here or would he enjoy it?

TwinFoxes
12-09-2010, 10:26 PM
My girls went at 28 months and love it. They still talk about it two months later.

crl
12-09-2010, 11:34 PM
There are lots and lots of rides he can go on, dd went on a bunch at 8 months! And she loved the characters. She also seemed to enjoy the shows. I think it depends a lot on the kid (my older ds was very sensitive to noise and crowds, etc and would not have enjoyed it at that age) and on your expectations. At that age, I think you would need to plan for sufficient downtime, afternoon naps, etc.

Catherine

hillview
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Go it will be fun!!
/hillary

egoldber
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Absolutely! One of the great thing about WDW (IMO) is that there is soooo much for little kids to do and ride. There are only a very few rides (basically the large coasters) that he would not be able to ride. Most of the rides are very tame with no height restrictions. And there are tons of shows and other attractions for him to enjoy.

MSWR0319
12-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank you so much! I think we'll try to plan a trip. I was planning on down time/ nap time in the afternoon as he gets really cranky without it! I'm not expecting too much but I think he'll enjoy it as he loves people and love Mickey and Pooh. Now to start the prices....ahh!

klwa
12-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Just back from a trip with DD at 27 months. :) Took DS at the same age. They both loved it. It's different than carrying big kids, but still fun!

mnosky1
12-13-2010, 04:49 PM
We are frequent Disney visitors. If you are going for a once in a llifetime trip, age 5 (4-6) might be ideal. But there is something for every age kid (baby to adult) to enjoy. If you do a good deal of planning you will save money and avoid lines and you will LOVE it and want to go back many times and it won't be a once in a lifetime trip so the "perfect" age isn't as essential.
For us a trip at almost age 3 is essential because the child gets so much out of it, will remember a lot of the trip and is FREE (park admission, hotel with paying adults, and buffet meals- prior to turning 3).

sewarsh
12-20-2010, 11:26 PM
we just got back from disney a month ago and DS almost 25 months LOVED it. i honestly think he may have liked it more than his 4YO sister!

He totally hugged all the characters and LOVED all the shows. he even kept his 3D glasses on and would reach out and try to grab things during the movies!

Sure he won't remember it and he wasn't tall enough to go on some of the rides, but he loved it and truth be told, if you are bringing any child under 4 to DW, you're doing it more for you than for then. To see their joy and excitement is priceless whether or not they remember it, you will.

Plus, they are free until 3!!

diegosmom
12-21-2010, 10:34 AM
If anyone knows how to capture and keep the attention of little ones like a 2 year old, it's Disney. We went before all of my kids were 3 and they all LOVED it. I was initially skeptical but Disney really does it right. Plus as several people mentioned kids are free under 3 and that really adds up!