PDA

View Full Version : Stokke Tripp Trapp

juilet6452
12-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I am looking for a high chair for my twins and many people have recommended the Stokke Tripp Trapp. All the posts about deals on this high chair are very outdated. Does anyone have any advise for how to find the best deal for this hair chair. As you can imagine having to purchase two is going to be expensive.

ha98ed14
12-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I never had one. I used the FP Healthy Care booster strapped to a kitchen chair starting when DD could sit up unassisted. It's a bit ghetto, but hey, it worked. From 3+ years of reading posts on here, the best deep discounts to be found on these are at yard sales or CL.

mrspeachykeen
12-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Gap is the one place that I've seen them go on sale. We love ours.

brittone2
12-09-2010, 11:34 PM
wasn't gap going to stop carrying them? We got ours at gap online with a code a few months ago and it was a really good deal, but I think someone mentioned gap was phasing them out from their site? (eta: I don't mean the TT won't be made, just that gap wasn't going to carry it anymore, or am I imagining that?)

ncat
12-10-2010, 12:01 AM
We love ours! I hesitated to buy one for DD because of the expense. I finally caved and bought one after DS was born. DD used it for nearly 2 years before finally relinquishing it to her little brother!!!! I kind of wish that I had two, because she looks uncomfortable in her adult sized dining chair.

brittone2
12-10-2010, 12:02 AM
whoops, double post

mjmamma
12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
I never had one. I used the FP Healthy Care booster strapped to a kitchen chair starting when DD could sit up unassisted. It's a bit ghetto, but hey, it worked. From 3+ years of reading posts on here, the best deep discounts to be found on these are at yard sales or CL.
Ditto this. I know OP you are asking about high chairs but I felt they became dangerous when my children *continuously* tried to climb out of them. Since most children get moved to a booster, I found they were the best way to go with my twins. They took up much less room and were obviously less expensive.
Invest in good swings, lol. Swings that go forward/backward and side to side. Those things will save your life :)

happyturtles
12-10-2010, 01:02 AM
I and my two girls LOVE their Tripp trapps! I let both DDs use their TT around age 5months with the baby set. They were able to sit right at the dining table with us, not take up a regular chair and were not in the way. When they started to wiggle and climb out of the chair, I then used the harness straps to hold them in place. Then, when they stopped trying to wiggle out, I stopped strapping them in. DD1 learned to climb in and out of her TT with the baby set around 21 months old, i'd stand beside her in case.., around 24 months old, I removed the baby set and she gets in and out herself without supervision. I like the adjustable foot rest so their feet aren't dangling too.

I think the 20% off at babyontherun.com still works. Luckily, the resale value is pretty good on the TTs.

ijopint
12-10-2010, 01:22 AM
yeah, my ds still loves his stokke chair. my dd(six months) is using it now. I got the dark walnut to matched my dining table. It's a good high chair -well made-not bulky like some other high chair. Check Diapers.com or Baby o the run for coupons

Melanie
12-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Tripp Trapps have been great in our household, I only wish I'd gotten them sooner.

The only way I'd found to get a deal was to find a bigger company that sells them (say Gap or Hanna) and use a general coupon, or coupon code, on them.

wolverine2
12-10-2010, 11:11 AM
If you can wait around for a sale, Magic Beans (www.mbeans.com) seems to have them go on sale every once in a while for $199. (If you sign up for their e-mail newsletter, they'll let you know about sales) That's where we got DS2's.

We have one for each boy- my 6 year old still loves his [Kinderzeat] and refuses to let me sell it, even though he would be fine at a real chair now. I think he'll still be using it when he's a teenager. One of the few things I have thought is well worth the $$.

Ladybug47
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Check Craigslist, too! They get snapped up right away once they go up (at least in my area they do), but you can sometimes get good deals. I got a used one for $60 from Craigslist last month. I got lucky because I happened to be the first to respond to the ad.

MeISOE
12-12-2010, 09:21 PM
If you can wait around for a sale, Magic Beans (www.mbeans.com) seems to have them go on sale every once in a while for $199. (If you sign up for their e-mail newsletter, they'll let you know about sales)

They just had a sale and I am kicking myself for not going ahead and buying a seat for DS2. Hopefully another sale will come along soon. Doesn't look Like Gap is carrying them anymore. Also a bummer because I just found an old gift card I could have used.