PDA

View Full Version : Where / how to store old Baby products?

PMJ
12-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Where do you keep old baby products? Swings, etc.

How do you store them? In lg garbage bags?

I was thinking of putting stuff in the garage covered w/garbage bags?

We do not have basement or attic.

Man, we need some storage !

niccig
12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I did garbage bags or pull apart and put in a box. I also lent items to friends having children with the understanding that I might want it back. Some things got returned to me, then went straight out to another friend.

tmahanes
12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't forget to take batteries out!! :)

I used those XXL ZipLock bags for a bunch of stuff.

lizzywednesday
12-10-2010, 07:19 PM
DH suggested trash bags, but I decided that could lead to an accidental tossing of things that weren't worth re-buying if we had another. So, I washed any fabric parts, removed batteries and partly disassembled the frames and dropped everything into an XL bag with the manual.

Oh and I second the reminder to take batteries out of anything battery-operated!!!

MamaSnoo
12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
We did big garbage sack over each to keep them clean, in attic. Garage would have worked too if we did not have the attic.

Smaller items, clothes, etc are in rubbermaid tubs in attic

Manuals are in all in a baby stuff file in the filing cabinet.

MommyAllison
12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I took all of the fabric off of everything (high chair, bouncy seat, swing), washed it and stored in a Rubbermaid bin, along with the fabric toys from the swing mobile. Then disassembled things as much as possible for compact storage, and stuck it all in our storage area in the basement. Manuals in the baby gear file in the file cabinet. When we lived in an apartment with no storage space, we lent things out and put the rest into my parents mini-storage locker.

kristac
12-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Craigslist. Sell them and rebuy from Craigslist for the next baby. I do keep clothes but all the gear goes.

3blackcats
12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Craigslist. Sell them and rebuy from Craigslist for the next baby. I do keep clothes but all the gear goes.

:yeahthat:
This is what I am going to do after this baby.

jvs195
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
I ordered the super large clear garbage bags for that stuff (until I sold it all) fearing they would get tossed. They were hard to find and I paid a bit more, but it was worth it to know what every blob had in it.