PDA

View Full Version : DD hitting head on the BJCM frame- Please help!

conniez
12-10-2010, 01:46 PM
The other day when we were at the mall having lunch, DD - almost 3 yrs. - throws a fit & she ended up hitting the side of her head on the bottom of the canopy/frame part of our BJCM. She was belted in, but when she throws a tantrum she is REALLY strong & manages to wriggle out/upwards, you name it. I'm wondering if there's any padding that might fit around that bolted part to protect her since I can't always get her out immediately before she starts thrashing around?? The only thing I can think of would be those car seat strap covers, but I don't think those are wide enough to fit around that part of the frame. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

jacksmoma
12-10-2010, 02:29 PM
i have the SAME prob on my bob's canopy- and had the same prob on my old bjcm. i just pray they don't bang their heads on it! bad designs...

legaleagle
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't have a BJCM so I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about but maybe that foam insulation with a slit down the side that people use around pipes? Comes in a bunch of sizes and obviously, cut to fit. Not pretty though maybe you could wrap it in fabric to make it look a little better.

lhafer
12-10-2010, 07:05 PM
My daughter used to do that. It didn't take many hit heads before she realized that wasn't a good option.

I don't have any advice for you. Hopefully this phase will be short for you.

conniez
12-10-2010, 10:53 PM
My daughter used to do that. It didn't take many hit heads before she realized that wasn't a good option.

I don't have any advice for you. Hopefully this phase will be short for you.

Lol Yes, DD2 definitely realized it hurt after she hit herself the 2nd time. I'm just totally freaking out that I'm going to find a hole in her head the next time she throws a sudden, random tantrum. :eek: